HSBC MasterCard CCA Request Completed

pt6615

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4480 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I have just joined the forum recently. My HSBC MasterCard agreement was signed in 2006 and as I have read in the news it could be unenforcable on the grounds of unfair charges etc..

I had to find out first if there is a signed agreement of mine existant at HSBC. Using the letter template section of the forum I have submitted a CCA request under s.77./78. C Credit Act 1974 etc..

Two working days later: Bank replied politely - they waive the fee and sent me the cheque back alongside an agreement terms booklet - you know one of those you can pick up at any branch...also asking me if I have any trouble I should really contact them using their HOT:Dline

Two working days later: I replied them using a letter template on the forum reminding them that they still haven't complied with my request and that time is running out, better get going dude!

Just before the 12 working days was going to expire: Bank replied politely sending me a true copy of (well I think it is) of the original signed agreement with my signature on it plus a set of agreement terms - old and new.

-again: I signed the agreement in 2006.

-The Bank has a copy of the agreement.

-I haven't got PPI on it.

-They raised the starting £2500 limit to £4000 appr. one year later just like that without my consent, I have the letter obviously.

-I took £2500 cash on one occasion.

-Their interests and charges are ridiculous.

-The outstanding balance is cca £3800.

-I pay by direct debit and there are no late payments or anything similar.

If anyone has any idea what's the best step forward. I strongly consider seeing a solicitor at the same time I am too skeptic (sceptic or whatever - see Wikipedia if in doubt) and I prefer do things myself as we all do here:cool:.

I would appreciate your comments and I consider a donation when I am finished with my case good or bad. ( Just the letter templates worth a couple of quids I guess:!:)

Can you scan in your document,minus any personal information.

If you are unable to do that, then have a look at the following link to see if your agreement/application contains all the prescribed terms.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/105315-my-agreement-enforceable-useful.html

HTH

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

ooh eck.. I dont think I have seen one of those before :eek:

I will try and find some HSBC "experts" to look in on you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Good grief they actually got one right!! :eek: thats what a HSBC credit agreement should look like, it has all of the prescribed terms so I think its enforceable.

You say you don't have any late payment or over limit charges? If this is the case I don't think there is a lot you can do with it :cool:.

pete

Good advice from Pete and CB there, pt6615 :)

Just one thought occcurs to me - if you have no late payments and the account is being properly run , have you considered moving it to another Credit Card which is offering better interest/transfer rates ?

There are loads of them around at the moment, trying to catch customers - I've been moving my Credit Card account very year or 18 months to take advantage of (in some cases) 0% interest on Purchases for ? months and 0% (or small) transfer fee ....when the free term runs out , I just move it again .. :D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D