Jump to content

Advice Required on Debts


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4478 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I currently have the following debts:


Clydesdale Bank £6,500 (Overdraft) which has been passed to Jeremy Sutcliffe Solicitors, and now onto Stirling Park Sheriff Officers - who I have spoken with on the phone - they want to take me to court where I will receive a CCJ. They do not know my current address - only have my mobile number.


RBS circa £1500 (Overdraft) Debt began at £700 and has spiralled with charges being added. Received a few threatening letters, but nothing for at least 2 months, debt is around 11 months old since I originally went over my overdraft limit.


MBNA £3000 (Credit Card) Have made them a few payments, limit is £2500, but cannot get back under the £2500 limit. Received a text message saying they may write 60% off debt off if I call them.


Barclaycard £2200 (Credit Card) £1900 is credit limit, can't get below the limit. Constant phone calls and the same offer of 60% off by text.


I am a home owner, although the above companies don't seem to be aware that I had a second property - I have sold the property that I lived in when these debts were ran up. Barclaycard and MBNA have my current address (my g/fs house) - Clydesdale & RBS don't.


What is my best option to move on? I want to pay back the debts with minimal effect on my credit rating - ie. no CCJ - my rating is obviously very poor at present, but I'm hoping that I can get it back on track once these debts are clear.. Sutcliffe told me they would cancel if I paid £1000 right away + £200 per month. I could pay the £200 per month, but not the £1000 up front. Problem being this would leave me short to pay much towards the other debts.

Edited by Adam20
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Adam,


The two overdraft, it would be in your interest to send them a sar. This will get all your statements and then you can reclaim back all those charges to get the balances reduced. At the same time work out what YOU can afford and send this along with a payment proposal to the companies asking for payment. (need to include a £10 po with each sar)


credit cards: you can do the same with these but also you could send a cca request to them. This allows you to check your original agreement and enssre all the paperwork is correct and if not you would be in a stronger position.


Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.


Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Adam20 -


I'd also suggest you open a new basic bank account if you haven't done so already, and have your salary paid into this.


G x

Good advice, also make sure it is with a completely different bank from any of the creditors.
Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...