• Tweets

• Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2765 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

i'm going to try growing herbs and a bit of veg in tubs outside this year - never grown a thing in my life before and have managed to kill every plant i've ever owned - any tips (I have 3 incredibly inquisitive cats too)

I can't wait to get out on the garden again. Although this year I have no idea what to grow.

Curry plants were fun as they stank, so the dog stayed well clear :D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

hmmmm curry plats are sounding like a good idea. SSL where did u get the seeds for those?

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

We have a couple as you can buy several types. We bought one from a local Focus DIY and a couple of other from a large garden center.

The strongest one we have is the small silver one. And they were cheap. About £1.75 each for the small ones.

295312625_o.jpg

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 1 year later...

Herbs make a bland meal into a work of art, sage is a particularly versatile one but very potent and not always to everyones taste.

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

• 3 weeks later...

Hate sage, and i dont cook with herbs my food tastes nice as it is so my family tell me, and my daughter in law hates garlic and herbs said her mum used to put it in everything she ate so we dont use that

i never know what herbs go with what to be honest, but im learning from here thank you :lol:

Hate sage, and i dont cook with herbs my food tastes nice as it is so my family tell me, and my daughter in law hates garlic and herbs said her mum used to put it in everything she ate so we dont use that

i dont cook bland meals so dont cover it up with herbs no reason too

Okay, that's fine, but with your original post stating that you didn't know what herbs go with what I thought I tell you about a very versatile one :???:. If you had have said in the beginning that you didn't like or want to use herbs, I would never have posted.

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

thats ok no worries, just i hate herbs in any food i used to know someone who put them in every meal and i hated it, made me feel quite ill in fact so never ate at her house again she put me off herbs for life lol

thats ok no worries, just i hate herbs in any food i used to know someone who put them in every meal and i hated it, made me feel quite ill in fact so never ate at her house again she put me off herbs for life lol

That's fine and your prerogative, I just find it bewildering that you would post on a thread and add that you're learning :???:, never mind, as you said no worries.

http://www.salescene.com/herbmeat.html

I use this site it tells me loads of herbs for every meat and fish

• Confused 1

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

http://www.salescene.com/herbmeat.html

I use this site it tells me loads of herbs for every meat and fish

Great link! I never knew Parsley was a herb that went with veal! This is now bookmarked, so thank you :-D

• 1 year later...

Blanch coriander and herbs before freezing to avoid them going yellow!!!! I respectfully suggest total rubbish! Totally unecessary, and Takes all the taste away. Take any herb, washed, preferably spin dried in a salad spinner, but it really does not matter so long as you shake most of the water out. Put in a zip lock bag, almost close it. Hold bag to your chest. Squezze out all the air you can and seal it. Freeze it. Been doing this for decades. Works perfectly every time.

Want chopped herbs like Cilantro / Corriander, Parsley etc. Take bag out of freezer, and immediatley squish / crush / rub bag and contents to desired consistency. Chopped herbs in seconds! Straight from the freezer. They are so brittle, they just shatter. You can store all herbs like this. But the crush chop method does not work as effectiveley, if at all with the more leathery leaved plants such as bay, or curry leaves.

Fresh Lemon Grass can be so expensive. I buy when its reduced for quick sale or cheap in bulk and just freeze in bags as above. Never blanch herbs. That's just western bullsh*t. Fresh chillies freeze well same method too. I near organicaly grow almost all my yearly supply of herbs and veg and preserve it like this. Saves me a fortune.

The longer you keep any fresh cut herb in the fridge or anywhere else. The more it loses its flavour! Do the above and keep the flavour! ; )