New Dawn Events Memories of Woodstock Shrewsbury

Bilgeman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've let it ride so far over this debacle because I've been so busy and hoping to have my faith in human nature restored somewhat. He's had long enough now so it's turn to turn the screws. If I don't get my refund without further prevarication this bloke's feet are not going to touch the ground

I managed to get hold of him on the phone before Christmas and he made all the usual platitudes and promises - yeah I am posting the money out - what you have not recived your refund blah blah blah blah!

Now what I don't get if I set my self up on the high street with a nice shop front and charged you to enter my shop but once you payed and went through the door all you found was that you were in the back alley and there never was a shop just a front door which led to the back door that that is deception and the Police would normally get interested!

So why not on this occasion?

There must be several hundred people who have been defrauded out of their money!

I think we need as many of those those several hundred people to get together and really pile the pressure on. This is nothing short of theft and fraud. Anyone interested please post here and when we have enough we will think about the next step

I HAVE ACTUALLY HAD MY REFUND!!! I recieved a cheque before Christmas but did i have to nag & push & generally behave like a terrier to get it back. i didnt even think it would clear but it did!!:) So KEEP UP THE PRESSURE!!! E-mail every day, state you are keeping a log of all communication & you will not let it drop EVER! This is what i did & in the end i got back what was mine (oh yes, actually the amount he owed me was £213.90 & the cheque was for £213.00!- hope he enjoys his 90p!)

The really sad thing about all this is that there has been the promise of 2 good 'classic rock' weekends of the last 2 years both of which were cancelled at the last minute- this will make people very nervous about investing in this sort of event in the future & 'live music' needs these events to survive. The 'High Voltage' event in London summer 2010 looks great (its taken 'Classic rock' Mag & the Mean Fidler to put it on-) i guess bands will also fight shy of independant events if they think theyre gonna get messed about! Keep up the pressure folks & good luck- i will keep watching out for your progress. JR.

• 3 weeks later...

Ditto !

Having read that people had been getting their refunds before Christmas, I pursued this unrepentant individual and actually received my cheque (£65.90) which has now cleared OK. Davies insists that all refunds have been made now, so I sincerely hope that is true for all that bought tickets. The end for me to this sorry saga !

Yes, it does seem that people are getting refunds at last. I received a cheque last week and it has cleared ok. 272 quid - still, he made nearly 8 quid out of me in 'post and packing' charges (one cheap envelope and a second class stamp for two separate orders sent together) so I imagine he's done ok through these alone. I wonder what's happening about the people who aren't chasing him up - is he sending them out regardless because I had to email every day for a fortnight to get mine.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...