MBNA Card with no CCA sold to Capquest...

TheScaryOne

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4471 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Right we've got a credit card with MBNA (which was previously an Abbey card) I requested a CCA at the end of December 2008 and all I received was a letter, some T's & C's and a copy of the latest statement. Obviously I then sent the dispute letter and all I’ve had back is the 'we've supplied what is sufficient for the purposed of the CCA'.

I had a brief email conversation with them offering a reduced settlement and I asked for a response to my dispute letter and heard nothing else.

I've since received a default noticed at the beginning of July asking for the full amount outstanding on the card and now I’ve received a letter from CarpQuest advising the debt has been sold to them (however the reference number they've given isn't the one that relates to the card).

I'm just after clarification really, with how to respond. I was thinking I should be sending them a 'don’t be so silly this debt is in dispute go back to MBNA and sort it out with them' letter, or should I pick up on the fact the account number is incorrect and send them the ‘prove it’ letter.

I've attached the CCA response, DN and letter from Carpquest.

Many thanks,

CapQuest 240809.pdf

MBNA Default Notice.pdf

MBNA PB.pdf

not sure how many threads you have read in this section scary, but, thats typical of mbna.

they have sold it on without [of course or they would not buy it] the debt to capq.

send the deny letter and also point out that mbna have failed your cca request and the debt is unenforcable, then just ignore them.

have you hit mbna for charges and mis-sold ppi?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

IMHO what they have sent has not satisfied any interpretation of section 78 of the CAA.

It could be and probably is any set of T & C's and by their own admission they have not sent a copy let alone a true copy of your CCA.

Looking at section 2a, the credit example that they give there is for a loan and not for a credit card.

it's all bulldung and rowlocks me thinks.