BankFodder BankFodder

mkb

Smile charges Confused about interest**Hardship claim WON**

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3840 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just printing up my claim for repayment of charges from smile but can't find definitive answer as to whether I claim 8% interest at this stage or if that is only if it goes to a court claim :confused:

Please can someone help with the correct answer?

Many thanks x

Put In The 8 % Now

Smile Will Have It On Record Then

If It Goes To Court You Will Be Earning Interest From The Day Smile Get Your Claim

Not From Any Court Date

Its In Your Interest To Do It Now

In the event, though, you will only be able to entitled to claim 8% interest once you have started the court claim.

You should give serious thought to claiming restitutionary damages instead of the 8%. It will require more a fight but will be worth much more than 8%

I am claiming under the hardship rules so really need the money now :-(

Should I put a sentence in my letter regarding the 8% such as:

'I have added interest at 8% in addition to the principal amount as this is the amount likely to be awarded by a judge should court action become necessary but for the sake of expediency, I will accept the refund without interest'

What do you think?

Well blow me down - letter from Smile today to say they are refunding my charges in full :D

Donation on its way when the money is in my account.

Thanks again CAG

Congratulations :)

Thread title amended :)

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

Excellent news, this will give others the confidence to continue. :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D