lloyds tsb set on a dca

craig8661

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4478 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there just had a letter from a dca to may partner but not me even tho the account is manly in my name and partner was add on.

was took over drawn a few years ago for a stolen bank card that they still allowed the transactions even tho they knew it was froad.

acount orignaly went 50p over drawn but with charges of £30 and that we refused to pay account is now sat at - £1450 all is charges we rang tsb up and they allways refused to do anything.

is there a template letter we can send to the dca to say account is in dispute.

also think they went after my partner as her credit recould was unblemished.

also im thinking of ringing tsb to get helen removed of the account and solely have it as my debt

Do you have account statements showing all this? If not, you need to send a DPA SAR to the Bank to get them and all other data you're entitled to under the Act.

If, as you say, the account is made up of charges and interest, they can't be chasing you for the debt.

The problem will be showing the charges are unfair due to the OFT Test Case that is ongoing.

Always happy to help where I can!

:lol:

Beware of legal advice given on a private forum - do you REALLY know who is posting? Are they REALLY accountable for their posts? What if you follow their advice and get something wrong?

It was Winston Churchill who said; "Democracy is the worst way to run a country except for all the others"

Advice and comments posted by car2403 are offered purely without prejudice. They reflect only my personal opinion and do not represent the opinion of this forum or it's management. You should always seek legal advice from a qualified legal advisor. As a member of the site team, I disable reputation - reputation points mean nothing, please check my posting credentials yourself and make an informed decision. You shouldn't PM me and await a reply - I may be too late with a response. No replies will be given in Private Messages - just as with getting advice from the forum, getting advice via Private Messages is dangerous. CAG is about sharing successes so others can follow your example, this is primarily why I'm here, so please don't be offended if I don't offer replies in PM that doesn't comply with this. Help CAG to help others by keeping your thread up to date.

USEFUL LINKS; New User Guide to CAG | Can't find what you're looking for? | Intro to Consumer Credit Litigation | Is My Agreement Enforceable | Default (Surleybonds) Template Letter | Defaults - background, removal methods, challenges and taking a claim to Court | Digital Signature Guide | Overdrafts and the CCA

last statment was 2 years ago from them it was stepping up with charges on charges etc. i moved then apart from the odd call from them demanding payment from some one i allways said account was in dispute and to take it to court. well they never took it to court i can write to them and ask for the statments to get the full break down of charges on the account

A SAR will reveal what you need for charges, hopefully much more ;)

Beware of legal advice given on a private forum - do you REALLY know who is posting? Are they REALLY accountable for their posts? What if you follow their advice and get something wrong?

It was Winston Churchill who said; "Democracy is the worst way to run a country except for all the others"

Advice and comments posted by car2403 are offered purely without prejudice. They reflect only my personal opinion and do not represent the opinion of this forum or it's management. You should always seek legal advice from a qualified legal advisor. As a member of the site team, I disable reputation - reputation points mean nothing, please check my posting credentials yourself and make an informed decision. You shouldn't PM me and await a reply - I may be too late with a response. No replies will be given in Private Messages - just as with getting advice from the forum, getting advice via Private Messages is dangerous. CAG is about sharing successes so others can follow your example, this is primarily why I'm here, so please don't be offended if I don't offer replies in PM that doesn't comply with this. Help CAG to help others by keeping your thread up to date.

USEFUL LINKS; New User Guide to CAG | Can't find what you're looking for? | Intro to Consumer Credit Litigation | Is My Agreement Enforceable | Default (Surleybonds) Template Letter | Defaults - background, removal methods, challenges and taking a claim to Court | Digital Signature Guide | Overdrafts and the CCA

Did your partner sign the agreement/named on the Account?

You need to send the SAR to their Data Controller, details of which you'll find here;

Register of Data Controllers & their roles - Information Commissioner's Office - ICO

Has she been defaulted as well?

I don't think they will remove it if they have. (The default in her name, that is, not the name from the Account)

im not sure nither of us have had any default notice. from them i will dig the number out that they used to contact us from i updated the address with them last year. i would have rung them up tomorrow at my branch but with it being bank holiday i have to wait until tuesday.

the address i found is this right to send the sar to

LLOYDS TSB BANK PLC

25 GRESHAM STREET

LONDON

EC2V 7HN

i must say thank you so much for your help on this too my old moto was to bury head in sand but this time i decided to fight as i kno im well in the right.

Yes, right address - address the request to the Data Controller. (Don't forget the £10 payment and that you shouldn't sign the letter, or do it in a way that protects your signature ;))