Barclays Bank SAR

manxcat2206

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent an SAR request to Barclays for an account that had been running for upwards of 15 years. During that time, it had incurred a number of charges, many at their old and very high rates before they had to reduce them, which I want to reclaim.

The SAR deadline is up today, but I've not received anything, so clearly my next move will have to be a complaint under the Data Protection Act. But, before I proceed with this, I'd appreciate some guidance. Because of the recent industrial action at Royal Mail, I understand that some post may well have been delayed. Am I now obliged to allow extra time for my information to arrive, or is this something that Barclays should have taken into account when sending their response? While I am keen to get this underway, I also don't want any claim that I proceeded unfairly by not allowing extra time if this might damage my claim.

Because of the recent industrial action at Royal Mail, I understand that some post may well have been delayed. Am I now obliged to allow extra time for my information to arrive, or is this something that Barclays should have taken into account when sending their response?

I'd think you may have to wait a bit, I don't really know, just my opinion.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Yes, thanks, that's what I was thinking. To be honest, the last thing I need is them suddenly being able to wriggle out of refunding because I made a complaint too quickly when the information was in the post. That's fine, I'll give them another week. It's not as if it's costing me anything extra to wait a few days now.

Hi Manxcat,

While strict deadlines are relevant at certain stages of your dealings with the bank, it'll do little harm to allow the bank an extra few days to comply.

Given the postal probs and the bank holiday weekend, give them a week's grace.

Then send the SAR non-compliance LBA. Articles 18, 19 and 20 from here - The Consumer Forums - Bank charges templates (consumer)

Barclays do generally supply the a/c data, but some users have had problems and many get the data a little late.

• Haha 1

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 3 weeks later...