Moorcroft

ozzywizard

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4478 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had to just deal with a moorcroft debt collector at the door lol.

He called last week when i was at work and spoke to my wife saying that he was collecting on behalf of "an old catalogue". He said to her all she had to do was sign and it can be paid at 10 pound a week.

As he called on the spec my wife was totally unprepared and had 5 kids (one new born) all needing her attention she signed so he would go away.

Anyways today he came back for his first 10 pound and I answered and told him I needed to see the paperwork, he replied that he had none as his job was to collect. On that note I told him we are paying nothing at the door and he was not welcome at my home again and "the company" needs to put any contact in writing as I wish to CCA and SAR them. he said "fine i will pass it to the courts and he went . . . .

What do yas think is the next stage on this, i know im at work next friday at this time and think he may come back when my wife is home. He was a cocky bloke and did not want to take no for an answer and im worried my wife could be easily imtimidated.

I will reply to any correspondance via writing......

opinions please.

I am a consumer helping other consumers. Together we can and will make a differance. Please double check any information or advise I may give as I like yourself am learning as I go along in life.

1) give a small donation to this site to keep it going because without this forum I would know nothing.

2) Use your experience to help somone else on another thread.

Please do not PM me, my mail address is my username at this site address . I will not under any circumstances give out advise or help through mail, only on the open forum, however feel free to mail me to point me towards your thread and general talk etc.

That is exelent advise gamekeeper. Thankyou, I was concerned how my wife would handle him coming back if I was not in. So I prepare the letter if he calls She hands it to him (enveloped) tells him to read the letter, whilst he opens it she can close the door lol.

I am a consumer helping other consumers. Together we can and will make a differance. Please double check any information or advise I may give as I like yourself am learning as I go along in life.

1) give a small donation to this site to keep it going because without this forum I would know nothing.

Please do not PM me, my mail address is my username at this site address . I will not under any circumstances give out advise or help through mail, only on the open forum, however feel free to mail me to point me towards your thread and general talk etc.

Dear Sir or Madam, Acount Ref Moorcrofts.

Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. I have noted your repeated attempts to contact me at my home and you was previously advised on 28/08/2009 at 19.00 that an unarranged visit to my property will not be welcomed.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB 384

.er Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and, if you do so, you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Yours faithfully,

Remember to print your name never sign it.

Edited by ozzywizard