what can be claimed if anything

bradley6211
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5345 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello we moved to spain 5 years ago and we brought my mother in law with us .she had worked at the hospital for 27 years and took early retirement at 50 .she was diagnosed with athritis before she retired .the nhs didnt give her much pension because of retireing early and we look after her over here .is there any help we can get even though we live in spain .so she either stops here and we carry on looking after her with no money coming in (warm weather is helping her) or goes back to the uk to try to get some help .any advise would be of much help .

You can't claim benefit from the UK when you reside in another country. If your mother in law moved back, depsite being a national, she would be subject to the habitual residence test before she would have recourse to public funds

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

How long has your mother lived with you in Spain?

Did she claim incapacity benefit, ESA or Disability living allowance at all in the UK before coming to live with you.

Is she looking for any kind of work in Spain herself?

Is she currently fit for any kind of work or not?