3 Defaults Help!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am looking to get a mortgage early next year and decided to check my credit rating as I knew it would be bad. My score is currently 600 with experian "poor". I currently have 3 defalts;

Cabot

Original debt with Barcleycard

Defaulted 31/02/2005 £707

Current balance- £1061

This debt has now been passed to a company called fire to recover the debt.

Lowell Portfolio

Original debt Capital 1

Defaulted 01/10/2005 £798

I have had no contact from this company as I believe they have an old address.

Aktivcapital

Original debt Topman store card

Defaulted 08/12/2004 £219

Settled 08/03/2009

I settled this as the were hounding me.

I was looking for someone to give me some advice if you can spare the time, as I am completely useless at these matters. I have read that some people have had some success in having these defaults wiped from their credit files, which is what I would like to do to give myself a chance of getting a mortgage. I hope someone can offer some advice. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Paul

Edited by Paul11981

Sadly, they are there to stay. You can't wipe them but they will drop off after 6 years from the original default date.

I have heard that it can improve your score if they show as settled. IMO you should work on getting them settled if you can, and then manage your credit file well untill the six years rolls over to ensure you are in a strong possition when it does...

Sadly, they are there to stay. You can't wipe them but they will drop off after 6 years from the original default date.

I have heard that it can improve your score if they show as settled. IMO you should work on getting them settled if you can, and then manage your credit file well untill the six years rolls over to ensure you are in a strong possition when it does...

When you say original default date do you mean when the DCA defaulted me or the original credit company? thanks

I am currently with the information commissioner to get the default out of the way. I just said I never received a letter warning from the company that they put me on default. With a bit of luck that helps. But its a long process.

1. Write to the original company insisting on removing the default as it is wrong.

good luck

I am in the same position, I have a Default from Avon, I have never received a Default Notice. I sent them the Section 10 letter which they just basically laughed at and still haven't removed it.

Advice on here would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Why bother with requestinig information? At the court THEY have to prove everything. So send them a letter telling the default is wrong and that they have to remove it. Allow them 40 days and then send a letter to the Information Commission. You need prove of sending though. In the meantime send a rimder to Avon.