Littlewoods credit card aka barclaycard help pls?

mccarthybaby
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5301 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Ok quick run down of what i have done so far.

cca sent 24.06.09 - rec'd terms and conditions - account in dispute sent off 03.08.09 again rec'd letter which from what i have read on here is a standard one we have sent you what we need to so pay up blah blah blah.

So what is my next step?

Thanks

Leah

Hi McCB,

First off, read lots of threads here in the BC forum to see what you're up against.

Also, read about the CPR strategy at Link No2 in my signature below. See if that's something you want to try.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

thanks slick,

been reading loads and seems they're just sending out the same old stuff to everyone.

I have sent off an SAR today too for these as i have no doubt got chagres and think i may have ppi insurance too. So will wait for that and see what happens.

I have already sent the account in dispute letter but what do i do in between the SAR things arriving and being chased by BC?

Thanks

mcc

what do i do in between the SAR things arriving and being chased by BC?

See what hapens next, and then decide. :)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

Have today recieved a letter from BC saying along the lines of, we refere to your previous letter alledging we have failed to comply with your request blah blah blah..............please note that we have already set out in detail, why we are satified that we have met your request and are under no legal obligation to provide further documentation to you.

ok firstly is this a standard letter? i havent chased them again about just sending me the terms and condition from my cca request. the last thing i sent soley about that was account in dispute on 03.08.09.

last letter i sent them was a full SAR request on 29.08.09.

Im slightly confused should i wait until the 40 days are up and see what they send or respond to this letter?

thanks

mcc

Hi McCB,

You'll soon learn that, with BC, it doesn't pay to reply to each and every letter - they tend to ignore your letters, reply with standards template replies and repeat stuff over and over.

Wait for their response to your SAR.

Have you been reading up on the CPR strategy.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Have today recieved my SAR details, but have only recieved statements? Nothing else no cca details or ppi details??

I can see that i have been paying payment protection but dont know what my apr is so cant work out the money ect.

Any ideas is there a letter that i can send off asking for the rest if the info?

thanks

mcc

You could write back demanding further data regarding PPI.

See items 18, 19 and 20 here - The Consumer Forums - Bank charges templates (consumer)

In the LBA, confirm that you require all data about the PPI applied on your a/c.

You can also start a thread in the PPI forum - they may say you can reclaim now, based on the info you DO have.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a call at 8.00 am!!! from Lowell, Barclay card have sold them the debt! Almost felt sorry for the guy as he was chasing for full payment today lol.

Informed him that this account was entered into dispute on 03.08.09 and that i am surprised that i am being chased. He told me that BC sold them the debt 10th September? Can they do that after i have put account in dispute?

Anyway account on hold til orginal cca can be located lol

Mcc

Don't respond to Lowell until they, or anyone else writes to you.

If you haven't received a Default Notice or Notice of Assignment, write to BC to confirm that the a/c is in dispute and that they cannot sell the a/c, nor even seek payments, etc until they supply the signed credit agreement.