DLA question

tonydw
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi iam new to this site sorry i posted in the wrong place iam looking for info regarding dla i was awarded dla for life back in 1997 i was sent to prison in 2001 and my dla stoped that was fine wene addvised in prison that i cannot reclaim my dla on my relese i took that is true 7 years latter i had 2 heart attacks wene i had to go tohospital i was told i was still intiteled to the dla i called them and was told that they never new i was out of prison even though i was on outher bennifits my dla resumed but was only backdated from wene i informed them i was out of prison so i lost all they years have i got any claim to they paments i missed out on thank you

I have moved your thread to the best forum for you, you will get the advice you need here. :)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

I'm afraid you can't claim for the previous years, as the responsibility to report that you are out of prison falls to you to do so at the time. Sorry it's not good news. Of course you still have the right to request it be backdated and appeal the decision when they (most likely) will refuse it, but to be honest they won't backdate it by seven years.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)