Mdr and sons old Orange bill

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5355 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im assuming MDR is Moorcrofts ?

Ok so the story is my son took a contract phone out with Orange last year when he was working, he lost his job and so contacted Orange to cancel his contract cos he was unable to keep up the payment.. the bill has now risen to 600 pounds, i think there must of been only 6 months left on the contract.. Two days ago my son got a letter from Moorcroft stating he had 7 days to pay up. I told him not to panic and dont pay.. over the last 2 days my phone rings constantly.. They always ask for my son by his first name, like there his friend or something .. when i say hes not in (which he never is in, he only sleeps and eats here lol) then i get the same thing ' whens he back, can we leave a message' first time i said yes that how i know its MDR phoning..

The rest of the times i said no you cant and please stop phoning as its my phone and not my sons your phoning and i wish not to have you phoning me .. am i in my right to do this ?

Im sure now they are taking the **** out of me, the last 2 calls were 5 mins apart..first one was 19.50pm, second one 19.55pm .. How can i stop them phoning my house ?

Hi,

Almost certainly Mdr is Moorcrofts, although you might want to rename the thread so more people take a look. Hit the red triangle if you decide to do this.

Moorcrofts are quite easy to see off. How can the bill have risen to £600? Probably the charges they are trying to add.

What was the balance when your son cancelled the contract?

DD

Send them this;

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

You are reminded of the following under The Administration of Justice Act 1970.

Section 40 of the act provides that a person commits an offence if, with the object of coercing another person to pay money claimed from the other as a debt due under contract, he or she:

(a) harasses the other with demands for payment which by their frequency, or the manner or occasion of their making, or any accompanying threat or publicity are calculated to subject him or his family or household to alarm, distress or humiliation;

(b) falsely represents, in relation to the money claimed, that criminal proceedings lie for failure to pay it;

© falsely represent themselves to be authorized in some official capacity to claim or enforce payment;

(d) utters a document falsely represented by him to have some official character or purporting to have some official character which he knows it has not.

I am of the view that your harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Further to this all calls from your Doorstep Collectors must also cease unconditionally and with immediate effect. I note that there is only an implied license under English Common Law for certain people to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.).

Take note, I revoke license under English Common Law for you, or any of your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so without my permission, you will then be liable to damages for a tort of trespass. You would also be conspiring in a trespass if you sent someone to visit me nevertheless. Any trespassers you attempt to send therefore will be dealt with accordingly.

Be further advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded.

Yours faithfully,

Print name do not sign

• Haha 1