A little help/advice

jake1985

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4480 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I've had an issue with my credit rating in that I have no credit history, and this has affected me trying to open current accounts in the past.

I successfully managed to open a T-Mobile contract account, which by looking at my Equifax credit report, helped somewhat (I jumped over 100 points to gain a 'poor' rating as opposed to 'very poor').

I start my second year at Uni in September, and my student loan doesn't quite cover my expenses needed to survive, so I'm looking to open a student account with a small overdraft.

I've tried both Co-op & Halifax, however I was turned down on both occasions.

My sister has a current account with Yorkshire, having never had a bank account and not being in the same address for less than 2 years with massive debt & unemployed, yet they offered her a current account with an overdraft!

So I was wondering if I should try the Yorkshire Bank to see whether or not they'd accept me...

Has anyone else opened a student account with poor credit history with the Yorkshire? Would you reccomend?