Sainsbury's Credit Card Weirdness

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5329 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,

I had a Sainsbury's credit card which I fully paid off last year (October) and then instructed them to close the account fully. After some brief checks I confirmed it was closed and thought the end of it.

It turned out however that 3 weeks ago a 'direct debit' was allowed to be passed on my non-existant account for £60 from a Web Hosting Provider. I contacted the Web Provider who said 'non-refundable, you have to cancel on the day that the site was due'.

So naturally with credit cards acting as proverbial money-back claims as standard I contacted Sainsburys. At this point, I was also after re-opening my Sainsbury's Credit Card too [for note].

I was told that Sainsburys have to honour all direct debits on all accounts even ones that have been closed for over a year. They cannot refund the money. I was also told that even though they were very happy to charge me for an account that I don't have anymore, that I couldn't have a credit card with them on this account - I would infact need to re-apply (which I did and was rejected despite have a credit rating of 900/1000). I digress.

So the situation stands. I owe £60 on my Sainsbury's card on a payment which I believed was a one off 2 years ago on my closed account for nearly 1 year which Sainsburys won't refund, but are happy to charge me their APR and let me begin to get missed payments for.

How can I advance this situation?

Thanks for any assistance!

The Problem You Have On This Is The Same I Had With A Pay Day Loan Company

Its Called An Continouse Authority Mandate

They Use The First 12 Digits On Your Card

What Needs To Happen Before The Bank Cancels Your Card Is For Them To Put A stop On The Card

I Got My Money Back And It Is The Banks Fault

Stick To Your Guns

• 3 weeks later...