Help with CABOT!

Zooee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks BB! It is very much appreciated. Luckily I can turn my phone down and ignore them.

I sent Cabot the "Don't you dare send anyone to see me" letter and reminding them they shouldn't sell etc etc

So, I'll wait and see what the post brings. Unless anyone has any good ideas on what to do?

hi sorry to butt in on this thread but ive been having problems with cabot for a while now. ive been waiting for the true copy for months now and twice they have sent me applications with no terms and conditions.i sent them another letter on the 28th september asking again for the true copy and they have sent me yet again the application with no terms and conditions. with the usual letter waffling how its good enough then they have sent seperate a pile of documents which says vanquis card terms and conditions . the terms and conditions are seperate from the application and nothings signed its only the application minus terms and conditions thats signed.id appreciate any advice on this im very confused

More important to get the right mind set

This is a computer generated call that if timed right when you pick up is linked through to a poorly trained not particularly sophisticated agent who gets paid bonus for collections of any amount of money.

To them its a game and they don't like to lose, now I love a good argument but its one that only gets you frustrated and the consequences if you are too hard on them is to stimulate them to try and win.

Unless you are ultimately confident and love a good row but more importantly understand your facts including case law the best thing with any calls is not to answer ...its just a machine...no one knows who you are and it really doesn't matter and after a while they stop....

Live Life-Debt Free

hi sorry to butt in on this thread but ive been having problems with cabot for a while now. ive been waiting for the true copy for months now and twice they have sent me applications with no terms and conditions.i sent them another letter on the 28th september asking again for the true copy and they have sent me yet again the application with no terms and conditions. with the usual letter waffling how its good enough then they have sent seperate a pile of documents which says vanquis card terms and conditions . the terms and conditions are seperate from the application and nothings signed its only the application minus terms and conditions thats signed.id appreciate any advice on this im very confused

reorete - the best thing to do is start your own thread and put Cabot in the title. Also, have a look at this thread which is excellent and all about Crapbot. Good Luck!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/223570-cabot-financial-dealing-cabot.html

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

Just thought I would give you an update. Sent letter to FIRE with all the usual DO NOT phone me etc etc. I checked on the Royal Mail website to see whether it had been delivered and apparently it had been delivered from the MEDWAY delivery office, a bit strange that considering FIRE's offices are supposedly in Rugby, Medway is also where Cabot letters get delivered from.

They have been phoning me today - luckily I have caller display so I just ignore them.

• 3 weeks later...

Please can someone give me some advice. After sending FIRE a letter asking why Cabot gave them the debt and they weren't supposed to I have received the attached letter.

Cabot have added over £3000 to the original debt when it has been in dispute. So I am not sure where to go from here I don't have any money to offer them apart from may be £50. They only have an application form (see previous posts)

I do want to get rid of them so does anyone have advice for me for my next step?

Thank you!

FIRE Offer Letter.pdf

Do NOT offer these cretins ANY money.

Firstly, they are not entitled to it, and secondly, doing so will restart the Limitation clock which will need to kick in at some stage if you are ever to get rid of them for good.

I must admit I have yet to completely work out what Crapbot's algorithm is in deciding who gets taken to court and who just gets the endless threat letters. Obviously, they hunt out property owners but there is more to it than that.

Here, they have decided to issue the silly threats.

However, this last letter is one I have not seen before, and reads more like a suicide note. If they believed they could go to court and get judgment for the full alleged amount why would they be offering "discounts"?

It may be that they have given up the ghost on this and are trying one last play to con something out of you. Certainly that is what these letters mean when they come from Clownell.

You really only have two choices. You can ignore this as it isn't even relevant to anything pertaining to your case, or you can go on the attack and launch complaints based on the phantom £3000 which has now been added to the alleged account. This may give you the chance to escalate it to the FOS and relieve Crapbot of another £500, and it will certainly allow you to complain to the OFT.

It is really up to you how much time you have to play games with these clowns.

SH

As you have sent Cr@pbot a formal letter informing them that the account is in dispute due to their lack of providing you with a valid legally enforceable CCA, they are now in breach of the OFT debt Collection Guidelines, and quite possibly the CPUTR 1998.

The fact that they have sold the debt on without informing the new owners of the state of the account is in breach of the OFT debt Collection Guidelines, and should be reported to The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

As well as TS via Consumer Direct

There is nothing that they can do 'legally' to enforce any further action against you, this includes taking you to court and trashing your credit ref file.

Boo;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Send the idiots this;

Dear Sirs,

I write in response to your letter dated XXXXX

Your letter is incorrect and frivolous, you are fully aware of legally valid reasons why no payment has been made on this account, namely that the agreement which underpins this account has not been supplied despite a perfectly valid request and furthermore, it is suggested that notwithstanding the failure to supply a copy, the agreement itself is improperly executed, devoid of all prescribed terms and deficient in respect of detail relating to APR, total charge for credit and statements of rights ,remedies and protections as required by schedules 1,2 and 6 Consumer Credit Agreements Regulations 1983

Therefore the agreement as outlined in section 65 (1) Consumer Credit Act must be laid before the court to be granted an enforcement order before any further action can be taken.

It is my view that the court would not grant such an order due to the deficiencies that I have outlined within the agreement, further more this has already been raised with XXXX yet I note they have still assigned the account over to yourselves and the absence of any documents disproving my points itself speaks volumes

Therefore, I would indeed welcome the opportunity to place this before the court. furthermore should you proceed with the threats to issue a statutory demand/ court claim I will make an immediate application to have it set aside for the grounds outlined above, also I shall refer the judge to this letter when the matter of costs falls due.

I trust this outlines my position clearly enough for you

Yours,

Print name do not sign.

Thank you! I'll send it next week.

:eek: It's only Thursday?? Throw the hot potato back to them sooner rather than later, although I guess a weekend off beating them with the consumer stick won't do any harm...

Boo;) (Thursday night is Laydeeeeees Night!!!)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 1 month later...

Yes that is certainly one to add to the 'Ignore' pile, however first send a copy to the OFT and TS via consumer direct.

And please, if someone turns up and asks you for money, laugh as hard as you can, but not so hard as to do a squirt of wee in your pants, then shut the door in their face.

If they fail to leave, when requested, call the Police, and inform them there is someone on your property asking you for money and won't leave when asked to.....Cue *Sirens*, dogs, capture spray handcuffs!:D

Subbing - Evening Hun - I will post a link to my cabot thread so you can breathe a bit easier maybe - Has been ongoing now since Oct 2008 and they passed me to Fire (one of their babies) then Fire passed me back and they passed me most recently to Rob Way, who i e-mailed a couple of weeks ago - Am now awaiting the next onslaught. Hope it makes for happy reading for you - You're by no means, the only one! Take care, Mpols x

'Confidence grows & heartbeat slows to a steady stronger beat, as each member unites, against DCA fights & we all sail aboard the CAG fleet!' :rolleyes:

:pKeep smiling peeps!

Hi Everyone, thought I'd got rid of them after sending the last letter (posted earlier in this thread) then I received this last week. (See attached)

Has anyone got any advice - I think I should just ignore it.

Thanks and a Happy New Year to all!

not another doorstep collector??? oh no!! what the hell are they doing with all these doorsteps??? I had mrs debt4get out polishing ours, whilst waiting for it to be removed.. then the bloody snow fell!!! ignore the idiots they are a waste of time