Account in Dispute letters sent - what next?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5350 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have sent off account in dispute letters to Cabot Financial and Aktiv Kapital who have both written to me to say that they are trying to obtain the CCA from the original lender but are having difficulty. Both are out of time following the CCA letters being sent. Would appreciate advice on what I do next (if anything).

Thanks!

I thought that they only had 14 days in which to produce a valid CCA from the date of the CCA letter, which neither of them have been able to do. If they still manage to produce one, even though it is after the deadline, is this acceptable?

If they still manage to produce one, even though it is after the deadline, is this acceptable?

Yes.

Up until last year they were allowed a further 30 days to provide the CCA, if they failed to do so they committed a summary offence. In reality no creditor or DCA was ever prosecuted. Now that particular clause has been removed from the Act the only recourse is to withold payment until an enforceable CCA is produced.