style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5352 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I just wanted other peoples thaughts on Lord Mandelson's proposal that people who illegally download films and music should have their internet connection cut off.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

The term used was "disconnection".

I have lived with "disconnection" for thirty years. It's no great shakes! ;):D:eek:

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

I'm Mandy....294x220.jpg .......Fly Me!

;)

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Surely they could just use one of them dongle thingies? There would be no way of knowing that a certain individual was using one.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

I think it opens up so many cans of worms.

The data protection issue. If I'm downloading something legal from a file-sharing program, is my data going to be scrutinized? What if this is private documents / files?

FON - If I'm signed up to a service such as FON when I can use other peoples wifi as long as I share some of mine, the data will pass through my connection when someone is downloading from my router. How many people are gonna be caught out with this?

File Hosting - The illegal side of things is actually the uploading of copyright material, this comes with "File Sharing" programs. What about the file hosting sites where you can download material without uploading any? Will people doing this escape prosecution?

I do feel Mandy was trying to say something intelligent when he knows nothing about the subject, but he let himself look like the ignorant prat that he is :p

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

Yes I can really see the ISPs cutting off loads of customers who pay them £19.99 per month.

If you have a house full of students all sharing the same broadband connection how will you know which of them is the one NOT downloading files.

I suppose Mandy will call on the boys and girls at GCHQ to monitor our downloading. They already monitor all our phone calls so Im sure it wont be much more effort for them to monitor downloads.

In the meantime our troops are dying in Afghanistan due to lack of equipment because the MOD is wasting money.

In the meantime our troops are dying in Afghanistan due to lack of equipment because the MOD is wasting money.

Well put!

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Your report (25 August) of measures being considered by the government to tackle illegal peer-to-peer filesharing suggested the change in thinking was brought about by a meeting with David Geffen while I was on holiday, in addition to separate meetings with Lucian Grainge of Universal Music. As David Geffen and I have both made very clear, the subject of internet piracy was not discussed during our meeting. Work on this started long before my holiday in August, with officials submitting advice to DCMS ministers and myself on 3 July. This set out a possible change in thinking and was not the result of any single conversation but followed engagement with a wide range of stakeholders, including Lucian Grainge. Further work was conducted throughout July and on the basis of this I wrote jointly, with Ben Bradshaw, to the relevant cabinet committee on 11 August to provide an update on developments.

Peter Mandelson

So... He's saying that they made this decision after 20 days of discussion? I'd understand a blunder this big if it was a spur of the moment thing, but after 10 minutes of talking to anyone who knows anything about the subject, he' be able to see how flawed his plans were!

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Think he needs to have a look at what happened to Sweden when they enforced this recently.

Traffic was reduced by a massive amount, which in turn lost revenue for ISP providers and a quick U-turn of sorts was implemented.

x:)x