Lloyds TSB hardship

XxCookiexX

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4478 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent a letter to lloyds tsb to applied under the hardship waiver and have only ever received standard response with promises to respond within 4-8 weeks etc etc.

Im new to this stuff and really dont know what to do next to reclaim back my bank charges i have totaled up all my charges to £855.67.Do i just wait for them to respond back to me. Im curretly on benefits due to illness and every 2 weeks i get paid £95.90. I try 2 pay off my outstanding debts with other companies which leaves me with about £15.00 for the fortnight.

Do i need to send lloyds tsb bank another letter for a response before leagl action or something i have read different forum where some people are taking legal action or taking there cases to FOS.

furthermore i keep getting phone calls from lloyds collection centre about my arrears should i set up a repayment plan or just ignore it

any help would be appreciated

Hi Cookie:)

I'm not exactly an expert on this, but I am pretty experienced in receiving LTSB fob-off letters relating to our hardship claim, being the proud owner of 25 or more.

The person you really need to help you with this is our resident hardship expert, yourbank.

In the meantime there are a few points you could answer which will help yourbank to help you when he arrives on the scene;)

1) When did you first contact LTSB about this, was it more than 8 weeks ago?

2) Do you have priority debt arrears - mortgage/rent, council tax, utilities?

These are the things banks (especially LTSB who are notoriously reluctant to pay out) are looking for when assessing customers for financial hardship.

3) Did you send LTSB proof of your current financial situation and proof of those priority debt arrears (if you have them)?

What you really need is a financial hardship closure letter or final response detailing why they disagree with your claim for a refund on hardship grounds. It should answer point by point the reasons you have given for believing yourself to be in financial hardship.

It took us 6 months to get a final response out of LTSB, so as you can see, they are not willing to play ball.

Once you have the financial hardship closure letter the FOS are more willing to take this on for you.

In theory the FOS will investigate a complaint once the 8 weeks allowed is up, but in the case of financial hardship I understand that they prefer a clean paper trail and a final response letter so they can investigate without any obstacles.

Even so, I believe it still takes quite a while for them to reach a decision and there have been a few cases I've read of recently where they have agreed with the banks.

Yourbank will be able to explain in greater detail, but as far as I'm aware a bank is not compelled to refund any charges even under the hardship criteria - if it merely waives a few charges or freezes interest, this can be seen as helping your situation.

Hopefully this is of some assistance and I'm sure yourbank will be along at some point soon to correct the mistakes I've probably made:eek:

Good luck!

Regards,

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

i got a letter from lloyds tsb collection centre the other day saying that i have got to pay £750.00 of bank charges by 1st of september or they will get solicitors involved with a court case. im currently signed off and claiming benefits what should i do im in the middle of claiming finaicail hardship and waiting for a response form lloyds.

should i just let lloyds take me to court and counter claim them

Im having th esame sort of prolem with TSB, I wrote to them about 2 yesar ago originallyt applying for bank charges refund, they denied my claim and put it on hold untill end of test case, I then wrote back in january this year applying for hardship waiver, they have ignored my request and keep fobing me off with letters asking mme to cancel the charges, this is not the case , what i have asked for is for them to refund me my charges. I then wrote back to them explaining what it was that i originallyt applied for 'the hardship waiver' and again they sent me another lettre fobbing me off saying i had made a complaint and they will look into it, im now getting a little pd off, i contacted the fso and they have took on my complaint and wrote to tsb to tell them of my complaint, got another letter of tsb to say they agree with there other letter saying they have put my claim on hold and will wait untill outcome of case!! anyone help me?? im going to ring fso again this week and see what they say about the ltter that tsb wrote to me.