Keasby vs Natwest Credit card.

Keasby
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there.

A couple of months ago I managed to reclaim about £700 of credit card charges from Natwest (yay!).

However, they defaulted me in February- before I started seeking repayment of charges. I'm now a bit confused and would like some advice.

1. Can I request that they remove the default because the only reason my monthly payments prior to Feb were not sufficient and I was over my limit was due to the charges?

2. I spoke to someone at Natwest who said the default would not be on my credit file but the fact I am on a payment plan would be. Does this make it a proper default or some 'pretend' default?

3. Am I still obliged to stick to the payment plan even though it is more than my minimum payment? I'll probably keep paying £30 a month anyway but if I have a bad month can they lynch me for paying less?

Any and all advice is more than welcome- thanks to the community here for the info and tactics to get the money back in the first place!

Natwest Credit Card- £850- WON!!!

Natwest Current Account- £380 (in 1 month!)- On Hold

Mint- £250- WON!!!

Egg- Still waiting on list of charges

CAP1- Still waiting on list of charges

HSBC current account- On hold

IF- waiting...

Barclaycard- £124 WON!!!

And now, using what I've learnt from you wonderful people, to CCA the lot of them! (well credit cards at least)

Have you reclaimed the charges including the £12.00 ones?

Does the total of that reclaim equal to more than the amount they have defaulted you for?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

I claimed the entire lot of charges and settled at about 90% of the total. That took my balance from about £1300 down to £400, so they defaulted me on the £1300.

What didn't make sense is that the woman on the phone said the default would not show on my credit record but the fact I was on a payment plan would. This confused me as I don't know if this means I have been properly defaulted- I certainly do not remember recieving a proper default notice.

Mint- £250- WON!!!

IF- waiting...

Barclaycard- £124 WON!!!

And now, using what I've learnt from you wonderful people, to CCA the lot of them! (well credit cards at least)

Turns out there is no default on my credit file, just AP for the last few months (which I assume is Agreement to Pay). So they were telling me I was defaulted when I wasn't at all. God bless Natwest

Mint- £250- WON!!!

IF- waiting...

Barclaycard- £124 WON!!!