ZigZag School yellow lines

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5355 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I hope you can help me.

Is the a process in which a local council have to follow in order to put down zig zag yellow lines out side a school on the road were before there was none?

And would the process involve informing home owners near the school?

Ferd32

Hi I hope you can help me.

Is the a process in which a local council have to follow in order to put down zig zag yellow lines out side a school on the road were before there was none?

And would the process involve informing home owners near the school?

Ferd32

They must publicise the proposed Traffic Order, usually by a Public Notice in the local paper, which gives 21 days for objections. There is no requirement to inform individual residents

Well if they did we missed that. It’s only really affected us as our neighbour is an old lady how dose not drive.

It all stated yesterday when a work man knocked on the door and asked if I could move my car.

I asked why and they said they were putting down zigzag lines.

I asked where to and he pointed out a white dot that was all the way pass our house and most of the way pass our neighbours house to our right.

I then looked on the other side and it stopped at my neighbours dropped kerb.

I must point out that we are all on a shallow corner and the zigzags go about 5m to the left of the school entrance and a good 30m to the right pass our house.

If the lines went half and half I would not have a problem.

This all seems a little unfair and ill-conceived. And is this going to affect my house price as it’s now illegal to park in front of my own home twice a day.

Should there be any signs relating to the enforcement times?

I must say the road did need them as people were parking across from the ones that were there and it was becoming a pain as we had two girls at the school.

I have log a complaint with the council and called the local rag. I am hoping they see the light and just sort the lines or I will be forced to take them to court.

Ferd32

It’s only really affected us as our neighbour is an old lady how dose not drive.

This all seems a little unfair and ill-conceived. And is this going to affect my house price as it’s now illegal to park in front of my own home twice a day.

I can see your point its a little unfair to stop you making a profit on your house just to save a childs life! :roll:

Should there be any signs relating to the enforcement times?
Yes, if there are no other parking restrictions in the road (ie yellow lines etc)

I must say the road did need them as people were parking across from the ones that were there and it was becoming a pain as we had two girls at the school.
It's pretty well universal for school entrances, yours must have been one of the few that didn't have zig-zags

I will be forced to take them to court.
For what? Unless you can prove thay haven't followed the correct procedures,, you'll be wasting your time and money.

Go to the council offices and ask to see the TRO for your road. This will contain the exact details (position etc) of the zig-zags and the restricted parking times

The school is for years 1 to 4 (junior) and there are no restrictions notices any were to be seen.

The entrance side of the road has always had zigzag lines and they are evenly spaces each side of the entrance.

There are no other road markings as the school is right in the middle of the housing estate in a small village.

And I would always put a Childs life and safety first as I have three It’s not about profit All I am asking that the new lines be fairly placed that way it would not affect anyone how lives here.

But because they are not placed evenly I have copped the lot.

Ferd32

But because they are not placed evenly

I suspect that the zig-zags have been extended more on one side is so that they cover the shallow bend outside your house. That's assuming I've understood your description. If you post up the post code, can look on Google Earth

As I said before, go to the council offices and ask to see the TRO for your road. This will contain the exact details (position etc) of the zig-zags and the restricted parking times.

It's not unknown for contractors to paint the lines in the wrong place and that's the only way you'll find out for sure.

Your local ward councillor may be able to help.

Failing that you're just going to have to park outside one of your neighbours.

Do the original zig zags have a sign to go with them?

No

Just got off the phone to the council and will be talking to the man how is dealing with the case tomorrow.

Ferd32