CP plus Hospital Parking

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5229 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have staff privileges for parking at a hospital where I am training. I don't remember signing anything just giving my information for a permit.

I got a ticket for parking on the grass next to a staff parking sign in a full car park out of the way of the other cars. I have seen this done before so assumed it was acceptable and in other areas of the car park have parked on grass many times without issue.

I am considering waiting and seeing and appealing if the do contact me. I went away soon after getting the ticket on the day so have missed their 7 day appeal period. I would have paid the 15 pounds had I been in the country during that period but I missed it totally my fault there.

There is no appeals process. It's a private company - as if they're going to turn down profit by allowing 'appeals'.

• do not pay

• do not contact them

ignore their threatening junk

• they will give up and go away

It's a [problem]

Sorry if this information is elsewhere I have searched but not found. Is the the situation not different from for example a supermarket car park as I assume they have a parking management contract with the hospital and I although not employed by hospital as such have been given a permit for reduced price parking. I did pay and display that day as usual.

I assume they will contact me eventually. I don't believe I gave my address but my concern is if I did sign something I did pay and display so I have fullfilled my part of the deal however no parking available that day so I made a reasonable assessment and part parked on the grass which i have done before without issue.

Sooo do I ready letters from the templates?

Am reading the threads in this forum and seeing most people rely on the fact that the company can't prove registered owner was driver. In my case however I have a permit for the car park and only I am supposed to use that permit there.

Does anyone think this makes a difference?

• 3 weeks later...

Its badly badly written on further inspection. I am tempted to send them a letter saying this:

I recently received a letter purporting to be from your solicitors alleging an amount outstanding for an incident reference number CNNxxxxxxx. I have been advised to request from yourselves further information on the legal basis on which you are applying this amount and evidence, including photographic of the alleged incidence.

I would like to kindly ask that you desist from any further threatening or harassing letters from yourselves or your representatives. Any further correspondence of this kind will result in my taking legal action.

Just in case I do get that mythical court date I have actually responded.

What does anyone think?

It'll have the opposite effect of what you're trying to achieve. Rather than desisting, their eyes will light up and you'll be harassed for longer.

Trethowans only send out a couple of letters anyway. You're near the end of the [problem] - just ignore them.

Its badly badly written on further inspection. I am tempted to send them a letter saying this:

I recently received a letter purporting to be from your solicitors alleging an amount outstanding for an incident reference number CNNxxxxxxx. I have been advised to request from yourselves further information on the legal basis on which you are applying this amount and evidence, including photographic of the alleged incidence.

They will try and charge you for photographs that have no evidential value whatsoever.

I would like to kindly ask that you desist from any further threatening or harassing letters from yourselves or your representatives.

This will just encourage them to send more than ever.

Any further correspondence of this kind will result in my taking legal action.

This will just have them laughing.

Just in case I do get that mythical court date I have actually responded.

The point of that being?????

What does anyone think?

Waste of your time and a stamp.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Too true I think. I am just going to take a deep breath and chill again. I think I feel better having written. Its annoying how this plays on my mind though so that's why I want to do something.

Bear with me will probably write again after my next letter.

StuMid,

You will hurt them more than ever by ignoring them, that really winds them up and puts them on the back foot completely.

I know it is hard to resist firing off a letter at them, but then they know they have got hold of someone and they are concerned about the matter enough to contact them.

Ignoring them is best policy and believe me you are really getting back at them.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 3 months later...