• Tweets

• So you're telling me you wouldn't rule it out but agreeing with others it's true without qualification. Hardly objective.   There is no evidence it's true and not even Labour are suggesting it. Like I say, opinions are fine but they are worthless unlesss they have at least some factual basis.   Germany put Spain on their quarentine list yesterday, are you blaming that on Brexiteers too?
    • what rights of access do you have on your agreement with the landlord?   i suspect you shouldn't have to pay a thing.
    • then there is your proof to them why would you pay for BB twice!!   for my notes: GENERAL NOTES ON CHARGEBACK & Continuous Payment Authority & BACS   .....  We have been telling people to put a letter into their bank instructing them  not to make any payments under any circumstances to these companies  . http://whatconsumer.co.uk/visa-debit-chargeback/- it works! usually this should be done using the number on your debit card  .  banks MUST follow written intructions from their customers ! . CANCELLING YOUR DEBIT CARD DOES NOT STOP CPA'S  .  This fsa guide has now been updated:  . http://www.fsa.gov.uk/static/pubs/consumer_info/know_your_rights_guide.pdf http://www.fca.org.uk/news/continuous-payment-authorities-your-right-to-cancel https://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/unauthorised-payments-account  .  Here's the text:  .  Cancelling a regular  card payment:  .  When you give your credit or debit card details to a company and authorise them to take regular payments from your account,   such as for a gym membership or magazine subscription,  it is known as a ‘recurring transaction’ or ‘continuous payment authority’.  . These are often confused with direct debits, but do not offer the same guarantee if the amount or date of the payment changes.  .  In most cases, regular payments can be cancelled by telling the company taking the payments.   .  However,   you have the right to cancel them directly with your bank or card issuer by telling it that you have stopped permission for the payments.   Your bank or card issuer must then stop them – it has no right to insist that you agree this first with the company taking the payments.  .  Be aware, though, that you will still be responsible for paying any money that you owe. and that CANCELLING YOUR CARD WILL NOT STOP THE CPA  .  ..  .  New june 2013  .  Regulator orders Banks and mutuals to review complaints about not cancelling recurring payments from November 2009.  .  Consumers who have set up a regular payment from their account will now be able to successfully cancel that arrangement   by contacting their card provider, the Financial Conduct Authority said.  .  The FCA has been examining how easy it is for customers to cancel Continuous Payment Authorities (CPAs)   due either to payday lendersicon or for other regular payments such as subscriptions or gymicon memberships.  .  CPAs, which are also commonly called recurring transactions or recurring payments,   are relatively easy to set up but can be hard to cancel, causing problems for consumers trying to manage their finances,the FCA said.  .  Now, following the FCA review of how the largest high street banks and mutuals process requests to cancel CPAs, they have agreed that they will ensure that when   a customer asks for a recurring payment to end, that will be sufficient to cancel the arrangement. They have also confirmed that should a payment go through by   mistake following cancellation by a customer the customer will be refunded immediately.  .  In addition to securing this commitment, the largest banks and mutuals have agreed to review every individual complaint they have received about the non-  cancellation of a CPA and to pay redress where payments have continued to be made despite the customer cancelling the arrangement. This applies to all complaints   since November 2009 when the Financial Services Authority, the FCA’s predecessor, began regulating banking conduct.  .  Clive Adamson, the FCA’s director of supervision, said: “It’s important that consumers are confident that banks are meeting their everyday banking needs. Today   customers can be confident that when they ask for a Continuous Payment Authority to be cancelled – it will be cancelled - and that it can be done easily.   . “We recognise that historically this is an area where some customers have struggled but the banks and mutuals have responded positively to our work on this issue.   From now on we expect them to be getting this right. In addition, they have committed to review past complaints.” .  .  Also mentioned your displeasure that as whomever took your money had obviously attempted this many times   probably activating your banks own anti fraud software - nobody had the decency to inform my you this was going on.? .  .In the FSA's own words:  .  ..  What should I do about a payment from my account that I didn’t authorise?  .  Your bank must refund an unauthorised transaction.   Money can only be taken from your account if you have authorised the transaction   or if your bank can prove you were at fault –  . see below.  Contact your bank immediately if you notice an unauthorised payment from your account. .  If you are sure you did not authorise the payment, you can claim a refund.  .  However, your bank does not have to refund you if you do not tell it about the payment until 13 months  or more after the date it left your account.  .  Your bank must refund an unauthorised transaction  .  ------------------  .  Your bank may only refuse a refund for an unauthorised transaction if:  .  ? it can prove you authorised the transaction  – though your bank cannot simply say that use of your password,   card and PIN proves you authorised a payment; or .  ? it can prove you are at fault because you acted fraudulently,   or because you deliberately,   or with gross negligence, failed to protect the details of your card, PIN or password in a way that allowed the transaction  .  -----------------------  .  How quickly must my bank refund me for an unauthorised transaction?  .  The bank must make the refund immediately unless it has evidence that one of the above reasons applies.   Your bank may ask you to answer some questions and fill out a form confirming what has happened,   but it cannot delay your refund while it waits for you to return the form.  If the bank has evidence that one of the above reasons for refusing a refund applies,   it may investigate before making a refund   but must look into it as quickly as possible.   If your bank rejects your claim for a refund it should explain why.  If the transaction was on a credit card, the refund may not happen immediately.   But the card issuer cannot charge interest or ask for repayment of the amount unless it can prove you are liable to pay        
    • Nearly £1.5bn of government cash is yet to be dished out to struggling businesses. View the full article
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
wannabedebtfreesoon

Urgent advice needed! Welcome sent repo agents!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3978 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello!

Just had a visit from some dubious characters supposedly working for Welscum.

It was actually my partner who answered the door and had the forethought to tell them I was out when he noticed their clipboards with 'Welcome Finance' written on"!

They left a very strange letter headed L&E Receivables containing no address just a mobile number urging me to contact them as a matter of urgency as the account has been terminated as required????

I have paid more than a third but haven't paid for 3 months due to non compliance of sar and PPI issues

Please help!!:?

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Ghandi

"You must have the resources to deal with the judicial intervention - the confidence not to be overawed, the resilience to respond, the tenacity to challenge, the tact to mollify, the authority to inform and persuade."

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.

<-- If I have helped in any way please click my star!! ;)

Oh and I am a lady!! :)

Unless they have a cout order they cannot take your items if you have paid more than 1/3rd which you have. If they haven't complied with an SAR request and PPI issues they can go and play with themselves.

If it is a car hide it away and if it is anything else then they are stuck. They will have no legal rights to come in, in fact I would take the letter they left to the police and say these people have been round threatening to take your possesions WITHOUT a court order and it ISNT a civil matter as they will try to tell you.

Sorry I forgot to mention it was a car!

Can they take the car without giving me any notice though??

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Ghandi

"You must have the resources to deal with the judicial intervention - the confidence not to be overawed, the resilience to respond, the tenacity to challenge, the tact to mollify, the authority to inform and persuade."

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.

If they did, it would be an incredibly stupid thing to do - but they are incredibly stupid! Are you absolutely sure you have paid more than a third?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

oohh another one.

now, stricktly speaking a failure to respnde to your SAR nor your PPI requests, doesn't actually get you off paying.

now if they fail the CCA, thats diff. [for now]

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

sorry it's actually a really long a complicated issue! Been scrapping with them since the start of the year. I thought it went without saying that their agreements were a pile of poo! and yes mine is too :)

I haven't actually spoke to them so I don't know for certain that they came to repossess, there is a phone number; should I call them?? I'm fairly sure they'll be back so I just need to know what to say or do and what my rights are.

OK, I've just been looking through my agreements and I have to say that I am totally confused!!!?? Lots of figures don't add up, the agreement is for 72 months but it says 73 on my credit file??

I originally took out a hp agreement in June 2006 for a car costing £3499. It says on the agrrement that the car cost £3999 and I paid £500 cash deposit which I absolutely did not do!! Then they piled on the insurances which they told me I had to have or they could not agree the finance!!!

Anyway, after paying for a year my husband became disabled and I was forced to give up work to become his carer. Needless to say; my insurances were worthless! They told me they could reduce my payments by reducing the interest rate, I was obviously in such a state I agreed (stupid I know!) and I then discovered I'd signed a new agreement minus insurances!!!

I took the modified agreement in May 2007. Apparently my new agreement is for a cash price of goods £4625 plus masses of interest, acceptance fee and option fee. I have paid for a further 24 months equating to exactly one third. Then after 5 months of them messing around with my PPI complaint I stopped paying in June this year until they sorted it out satisfactorily. Funny how quick they want to sort things out when you stop paying!!!

I sent a sar but there were a lot of things missing so I wrote back saying they had not complied fully and to send me what I wanted. Guess what? They ignored me!

I did get a phonecall offering to take the amount of the PPI off my balance, I replied in writing saying thanks for the offer but what about all the interest on that money too. Suddenly there is absolutely no record of that conversation ever!!!! The lying sods totally denied making the offer! I don't see why I should play fair with them when they are nothing but deceptive cheats!! Sorry about the soapbox rant, I just couldn't stop.

They are still refusing to pay out saying that it wasn't them who sold me the insurances! So I say "but I'm paying you, how can you be taking money for something you didn't sell me??"

Apparently some other company; Windsor Finance sold it on their behalf.

I just don't understand any of this nonsense, apart from the fact that they are robbing gits who forced me into borrowing more money when I went to them to say I was in financial difficulty.

Please can somebody tell me what my rights are and what I should do next please???????????:(

ive been asked to look in

first of all

dont panic

ive been through this menny times and know exactly how welcome operate

please answer these questions

1/ have you received any correspondants from welcome prior to this visit

that includes any default or termination notice

2/ do you still have your agreements, be it the first or the one that was re-written

3/ do you have any documents to do with any of the insurance crap welcome forced on you

welcome can not do a repo with out a court order

if these cretins come again, tell them to leave your property

do not give them your keys

if they still start to take the car, let them, thats right, let them

have a read, some bed time reading

sign nothing

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/repossessions/150726-car-repossession-welcome.html

the car is your property, not welcome, end off

ill move on later about the insurance racket etc but sit back and relax

not menny people on the forum like welcome for good reason

please answer my questions so we can move forward and end this:):)

OK, so they have failed to comply with your SAR?

Have you also sent a CCA request? If not, do so - no signature, PO sent to compliance recorded delivery at Ruddington.

Are you sure you have paid over 1/3? If so they need a court order to repossess. An illegal repo would lead to you getting a full refund of all monies paid plus, possibly, the car as a gift.

In the meantime, is the car parked on the street or private land?

1/ have you received any correspondants from welcome prior to this visit

that includes any default or termination notice

2/ do you still have your agreements, be it the first or the one that was re-written

3/ do you have any documents to do with any of the insurance crap welcome forced on you

Firstly can I thank you for looking in, I've been following the Welcome war for some time and I'm honoured to have your input x

1) I have a "Without Prejudice" letter dated 4th Aug referring to a Notice of Default issued on 16th July which I did not receive nor is it showing on my credit file. It says the account has been terminated and the balance is payable in full and they may repossess or apply for a court order without further notice.

2) I have both the agreements I signed and the copies they sent in response to the sar

3) I have loads of documentation about the insurances and they have Welcome's name all over them, there is nothing anywhere on anything about "Windsor Finance"

Thankyou for your support

first thing

anything welcome say and is not in pen and ink is pure bovine excrament

how can they send a default notice marked with out prejudice,

thats a legal document.

what it means is that doc cant be used in court with out the agreement of both sides,

sorts of defeats the object

cretins

what i want you to do is scan the two agreements and default notice into your pc

then google a program called photobucket

deleate all personel info but leave in the figures

upload those docs and post onto your thread

use the upload link for message boards without thumbnails option to post

like i said, we can sort this

you just have to find how welcome have messed up and exploit,

thats not hard, believe me

OK, so they have failed to comply with your SAR?

Have you also sent a CCA request? If not, do so - no signature, PO sent to compliance recorded delivery at Ruddington.

Are you sure you have paid over 1/3? If so they need a court order to repossess. An illegal repo would lead to you getting a full refund of all monies paid plus, possibly, the car as a gift.

In the meantime, is the car parked on the street or private land?

Hello, They have sent some things in response to the sar which included the cca's. I didn't bother sending one in the first place because I still had them.

I have previously corresponded with Ruddington, all by recorded delivery but it seems they pick and choose which letters they acknowledge and which they don't!

I've checked my credit file and counted the number of payments I've made on this agreement just to be sure, and strangely it turns out that I have paid exactly one third, however I also paid more when I had the first agreement which has been settled when I took out the 2nd one. So in total I have paid well over one third towards the car but I suppose that doesn't count and the current agreement is the only one that is valid.

Thanks so much for your advice, I severely appreciate it!

first thing

anything welcome say and is not in pen and ink is pure bovine excrament

how can they send a default notice marked with out prejudice,

thats a legal document.

what it means is that doc cant be used in court with out the agreement of both sides,

sorts of defeats the object

cretins

what i want you to do is scan the two agreements and default notice into your pc

then google a program called photobucket

deleate all personel info but leave in the figures

upload those docs and post onto your thread

use the upload link for message boards without thumbnails option to post

like i said, we can sort this

you just have to find how welcome have messed up and exploit,

thats not hard, believe me

Thanks, I'll do that just now. The 2nd agreement is barely legible at the best of times tho!

Thanks, I'll do that just now. The 2nd agreement is barely legible at the best of times tho!

all the better

Post, I've just noticed something- I got out the original of the 2nd agreement cos it's marginally more legible than their copy from the sar and they haven't signed it but the one they sent me in response to the sar is!!

why am i not surprised

dont panic

all in hand

old news

Don't see the default notice there, do you have it?

Without prejudice letter - seems odd to put WP on what is obviously meant to be an important document. Were you served with a proper DN?

Also the content is inacurate - it suggests they can simply repo. If you are over 1/3 which appears to be £2235.47 they need a court order. Anything else is illegal.

As they are still attempting to collect I would CCA them urgently, from the SAR they are able to comply but will buy some time.

this lot still amazes me, even now

ill do a letter for you to send these cretins in the morning

sit back

relaz

its all in hand:D

in your insurance paperwork

this would have been sent from a company called direct group,

do you have an underwriting sheet showing any commission payments to a broker

its a long shot but welcome will slip up one of these days:)

Also, even though it may be illegal for them to repo don't assume they won't try.

If your car is on private land they would also need a court order to repo even if you were under the 1/3 (my understanding of that law, hopefully someone else will be along to confirm/deny)

Don't see the default notice there, do you have it?

Without prejudice letter - seems odd to put WP on what is obviously meant to be an important document. Were you served with a proper DN?

Also the content is inacurate - it suggests they can simply repo. If you are over 1/3 which appears to be £2235.47 they need a court order. Anything else is illegal.

As they are still attempting to collect I would CCA them urgently, from the SAR they are able to comply but will buy some time.

No I never had a DN and they haven't registered anything on my file either. Thanks for the advice, I'll cca them tomorrow

this lot still amazes me, even now

ill do a letter for you to send these cretins in the morning

sit back

relaz

its all in hand:D

in your insurance paperwork

this would have been sent from a company called direct group,

do you have an underwriting sheet showing any commission payments to a broker

its a long shot but welcome will slip up one of these days:)

I never noticed it before but yes I do have something showing broker deals and commission paid

And listen to Postggj - he is the Welcome fighting legend!

I never noticed it before but yes I do have something showing broker deals and commission paid

Haha! Go get em Postggj!

i would be inclined to send an up to date sar request

its the last lot of statements ime interested in

they have prob terminated the account with out a valid default notice

o dear o dear

welcome screw up again

ive a feeling this is going to be one of the more easier welcome threads to deal with