Bryan carter

bsj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Did you send BC the 'No Knowledge of debt'letter?

It isn't up to you or your OH to prove you don't owe the debt, it is up to BC to prove you do!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You see Mr Carter has traced the wrong person before for a debt.

He makes a habit of threatening innocent people then:eek:

This has got me bothered,Hubby's worried sick about it,he wants to get the default taken off his file,it's on equifax but not expeirian,we were about to buy a caravan too.Looks like we have to wait now,hubby won't go for finance to be embararssed when turned down because of this.

If we can't get the default removed it will 2011 before it drops off.

Hubby even said last night he's thinking of paying it to get marked satisfied,that's how worried he's become.

I won't agree to paying money he does'nt owe,but after i explained how Mr Carter work's it's made him even more concerned.

Please try and reinforce your OH not to pay this lowlife...this is exactly how they earn a living, preying on defenceless people who may not be educated in consumer law.

There are a number of things you can do, and should do!

Firstly, speak with equifax and tell them that the information on there is incorrect, and they must remove it immediately and get them to send out a copy of their complaints procedure informing them that you will be making a formal complaint to the ICO aswell.

You can also place a 'statement of case' on your file, this 'notice of correction' of up to 200 words can then be viewed by anyone else searching the file.

All is not lost by any means, but it is never an overnight fix, if he pays it this may open the floodgates to other claims that he owes money, and is an easy target as he will not question it and simply cough up the cash..so don't pay anything!

Yes i did,they should receive it today.
(recorded??)

In that case, it will be up to them to prove he owns the debt, and not up to him to prove he doesn't. Just sit tight and wait for the reply, once they receive it, the account is in dispute and no collection activity can proceed whilst this is the case,

Just see what crap they come back with!

Boo

Edited by Bazooka Boo

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thank you Boo,i did tell OH last night that even if he were to pay it it won't nessceserily mean the default would be removed straight away,i will show him this thread when he gets home tonight.

In the meantime i will contact experian to get the ball rolling.

Would it help if i sent a no knowledge letter to Arrow as they are the client?.

I wouldn't waste the postage!

Once the DCA acting on behalf of the client gets bored of it they will send it back to them anyway.

Sadly if he 'pays up' they will 'find' more 'alleged debts' for him to pay up on. I received a letter from them this morning about an alleged debt, reply going out as I have to visit post office anyway. Reply in my case is 'I don't acknowledge this, but as I am going to become bankrupt they are welcome to join in the queue....'.

I can see what your both saying,his credit file is in good order apart from this one.

He did have a couple of debts,but they are now statute barred,i saw off muck hall and mercers that were chasing one,and just recently Red for the other.

The defaults for these dropped off long ago.

As i said i will show him the thread,he knows were in good hands here,he's just scared.

As long as i stand in the way he won't pay them a penny,i promise;-).

• 3 weeks later...

Sent the no knowledge letter,reported to the police,all is very quiet not heard a thing.

They did'nt have the decency to send their complaints procedure,but we've made a complaint to the OFT on what we have so far.

And have contacted equifax to ask for the default to be removed.

Thank you everyone for your help and advice:)

Not sending the complaints procedure is reason enough to bypass the OFT and go straight to the Financial Ombudsman. Go for it you've given this chancer enough time to comply.

I'm on the case,thank you,i was'nt aware i could do this,oh the joy:D

• 1 month later...

Received a letter back from carter's today,enclosed an orange statement, nothing relating to my OH but his name at top and an very old address he used to lodge at when working away from home.There were many workmen staying there and we have checked what provider he was with around that time and it was 02.

So now we have got this far.It looks like someone has opened an account in his name,and interestingly the last payment made on the account was in march 2003.

There was a credit applied to the account for £8.86 in june 2003.

There is no contract enclosed and no signiture present.

So not only are they chasing a debt my OH has no recollection off, but it would be statute barred Would'nt it?.Whoever it belonged to.

Arrow global have put a default on his credit file in 2005,what a mess i'm unsure what to do now.

Thank you,it's easier than trying to prove that the debt does'nt belong to him.:(

What course of action should we take to get the default removed from his file.

As it was filed nearly 2 years after the last payment on the statement they sent.

Surely arrow can't get away with this.

Would it be the information commissioner or should i just add it to my OFT

complaint.

As it has been placed on his CRF and it is clearly SB and incorrect, first get in touch with the CRA, tell them to remove the incorrect data immediately and ask for a copy of their complaints procedure, they will simply say that they cannot remove it, only the OC or DCA who placed it there can do so.

For every incorrect entry on a persons credit file, the claim for damages currently stands at £1000, per incorrect entry!:D

I got a letter from BC today. Some crappy script font, second class stamp. Final notice sent 28th Oct giving me until the 4th Nov to make a payment. The usual sent it slow, make them ring crap. With an application form with no prescribed terms I wish BC luck. Costs will be claimed if they dare carry this sh*t on!

The debt is clearly statute barred - your husband should not make any payment to these idiots and send them packing and put a complaint into the solicitors regulatory authority (for what it is worth) and their local Trading Standards.

I thought as much,i have been busy letter writing and complaining;)