Bryan carter

bsj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My OH received a letter from Bryan Carter.

He rang them and told him it's for a debt owed to orange mobile,he's never had a an orange contract.

They have put the account on hold while they send proof of the debt.

They have told him it's close to going to court and they will enter a CCJ against him.

BC did tell him to report it to the police and obtain a crime number,will the police oblige?.The customer advisor told him it's the only way of stopping court action.

I did'nt think the police would be interested.

The alleged debt is from 2004 for nearly four hundred pounds.

What's the best way to proceed with this.

I know they don't hang about with court action,and from what i have read act unfairly.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Send this in writing.....it wouldn't surprise me if they sent out a court claim without anwesring your dispute first....you must put it in writing and send recorded -

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/573-general-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

You should edit this letter and relate it to your phone call, and also state categorically that you have never had any contact with Orange...

Thank you,i have read about these people here and i won't be a bit surprised if they take the claim to court,how they sleep at night is beyond me.

If they do go to court,i will want to fight it.

They took my daughter to court a few months back,monday demand letter,friday court letter,she did'nt get time to defend it,disgusting behaviour,we stopped the CCJ being entered on her credit file by paying before the 30 days was up,Carters had to be chased for the receipt over 3 weeks,she nearly didn't make the deadline because of them.

So i am aware of how they work,damn them.

Letter printed and ready to go,thanks again.

Yes, call the local police station (Not 999) and report the crime. They will ask you for all the details you know and give you a number. When it happened to me they was very polite and helpful.

Be sure to do everything in writing. If you only use the phone with brian carter you will be doomed because they will lie and cheat to make you look bad in court.

Yes, call the local police station (Not 999) and report the crime. They will ask you for all the details you know and give you a number. When it happened to me they was very polite and helpful.

Be sure to do everything in writing. If you only use the phone with brian carter you will be doomed because they will lie and cheat to make you look bad in court.

... unless you record everything and let them look bad in court - oh for the chance!

Hubby found out yesterday that they lie,during the first call he told them the debt was not his.

they offered a reduction on the debt of £100 if he paid it there and then,he refused,he asked for confirmation that the debt was his and the guy said it's in your name,duuurrrr.

When he rang them a second time he spoke to someone different and they said oh yes i told you would be calling back to pay it,OH did'nt say anything of the sort,he wanted to check with me that he never had an orange contract,that's when he was told they would put the account on hold and send him proof of the debt,they won't have any.

I sent the letter 42man suggested and OH is going to ring the police today to report it.

I have given hubby explicit intructions not to speak to them again on the phone.He thinks they are pleasant to deal with,bless him:roll:

I checked his credit file this morning and they have put a default on it.

I checked his credit file this morning and they have put a default on it.

Speak to the CRA and tell them to remove it as the info is incorrect, and ask them to send out a copy of their complaints procedure, so you can go through it all before reporting them to the ICO..

Boo:wink:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Speak to the CRA and tell them to remove it as the info is incorrect, and ask them to send out a copy of their complaints procedure, so you can go through it all before reporting them to the ICO..

Boo:wink:

Thank you,you just beat me to my next question:-)

The default was placed by Arrow global,but he had to ring Frederickson Int.The letter has come from Bryan Carter,is this deliberate to confuse:rolleyes:

Are they connected?

Well that baffled me because he had two letters from fredrickson,then the letter from bryan carter,nothing from arrow,carters threat letter state that arrow is the client.

So would i be right in understanding that arrow own the alleged debt but frederickson/bryan carter are collecting on their behalf?

Iv'e just re-read all the letters.

If Arrow own the debt doe's carter have the right to collect anyway?

It does'nt read that they have purchased it.

It's impossible to tell at this stage but this matter seems to be badly mixed up and so you may have two debt collectors on it working independently of each other (which is a breach of OFT guidelines) or the debt has been sold to Fred by Arrow or Freds are working on Arrow's behalf.

The prove it letter should begin to tease out information about the ownership of the debt. You should follow Bazooka's advice in respect of the CRAs. You probably won't get very far with them at this stage but make sure that you tell them that they have placed defamatory information on the credit file and you will be referring the matter to the Information Commissioner's Office.

Carter is a puppet lawyer who will go through the legal processes in order to obtain a CCJ. You have to tread very warily with him because he has a habit of splitting claims. The first judgement to cover his fees & then he tries to obtain a second for the a/c balance.

I think that is what has happended in my daughters case,she did owe the debt on a mobile phone,she was made redundant and could'nt continue the contract,she paid the outstanding bill.but she was only 3 months into an 18 month contract

When carters took her to court the amount he sued for is very much less than the debt,i have warned her he may take her to court for the remainder,how on earth is he allowed to do this.

I think that is what has happended in my daughters case,she did owe the debt on a mobile phone,she was made redundant and could'nt continue the contract,she paid the outstanding bill.but she was only 3 months into an 18 month contract

When carters took her to court the amount he sued for is very much less than the debt,i have warned her he may take her to court for the remainder,how on earth is he allowed to do this.

Simple - he's not allowed to do it! Sounds like a split claim. He is stuffed and will never see the rest of the money.

That's a relief,the least i could do was make her aware of his practices forewarned is forearmed.

It makes no sense for him to try it,obviously it's down to money and greed.

I did wonder how he could possibly apply for a CCJ twice for the same debt.The toad seems to break the law hand over fist or at least try to.

When complaints are made to the SRA his excuse is always 'a clerical error' & he gets away with it. :rolleyes:

I read that about him,it seems it's fairly safe to say he's one slippery character who always manages to wriggle his way out of trouble.:rolleyes:

In saying that the SRA recently closed a firm of solicitors down in our town,there had been some dodgy dealings over the years,they had been one of the oldest firm's in the town.

As you have no letters from Arrow Global, I would say this has just been past to Fredrickson, Carter and Frederickson work together.

Some rules when dealing with this so called solicitor.

• Never talk on the phone to them.
  • Send any correspondence by recorded post.
  • If he goes to Court only talk to Court never him.
  • Never believe anything they tell you.
  • When he discontinues his claim (he always does when he knows you are onto him) take him for costs, the only thing to do with this man is make him pay.

Arrow Global tried to take my friend to Court for £130.00 when they discontinued we took £274.00 from them in costs

As you have no letters from Arrow Global, I would say this has just been past to Fredrickson, Carter and Frederickson work together.

Some rules when dealing with this so called solicitor.

• Never talk on the phone to them.
  • Send any correspondence by recorded post.
  • If he goes to Court only talk to Court never him.
  • Never believe anything they tell you.
  • When he discontinues his claim (he always does when he knows you are onto him) take him for costs, the only thing to do with this man is make him pay.

Arrow Global tried to take my friend to Court for £130.00 when they discontinued we took £274.00 from them in costs

Thank you for this advice,i do wish my OH had'nt of rung them.

Their letter states "if he disputes the debt please state your reasons in writing and supply us with documents in support of your defence to any claim."

Hubby can't supply any documents for he debt he did'nt have any knowledge of.

They also state that BC can show the letter to the district judge and request an order for OH to pay for costs.

I'll see what i get back from them,one small thing this alleged debt is marked as settled on OH's credit file, same day a default was placed on it.

Their letter states "if he disputes the debt please state your reasons in writing and supply us with documents in support of your defence to any claim."

Hubby can't supply any documents for he debt he did'nt have any knowledge of.

They also state that BC can show the letter to the district judge and request an order for OH to pay for costs.

I'll see what i get back from them,one small thing this alleged debt is marked as settled on OH's credit file, same day a default was placed on it.

You don't have to supply them with any evidence of the disputed debt, just tell them the debt is disputed!

If the debt is showing as 'settled' on the CRF I don't understand how they can place a default the same day for the same alleged debt??

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

You don't have to supply them with any evidence of the disputed debt, just tell them the debt is disputed!

If the debt is showing as 'settled' on the CRF I don't understand how they can place a default the same day for the same alleged debt??

I don't know either,under orange is is settled.

I wondered if it could be the day the debt was sold to arrow,which would mean they put a default on his file straight away without even trying to contact him.

I have printed it off the credit file but i don't really want to send it to carter,it maybe i may have to just to prove it's marked settled.

I don't understand how it can be settled when it's not OH's debt at all,none of this makes any sense.

I even had a look to see if i could find another person with the same name

from the same area OH was living in at the time of the alleged debt and i did,he died in 2008,this was listed in the bereavment section of the local paper, close in age too,maybe i'm grasping at straws but i think this maybe the case as they only lived a few miles apart.

But how do i prove any of this.:-|