CCA request to wescot/halifax....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5198 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

sent wescot a cca for a halifax credit card last week. not heard off halifax for over a year. until today they send me a credit card statement saying i have failed to make the minimum payment. this debt has been to 2 dca now. this is a small paragraph from the statement ....

YOU HAVE FAILED TO MAKE A MINIMUM PAYMENT

Failing to make your minimum payment can mean that you have broken the terms of this credit agreement and could result in us taking legal action against you. It could lead to your having to pay additional legal costs ans make it more difficult for you to obtain credit in future.

so is this in response to my cca request ??....seeing as this was pASSED on to 2 dca & i have had no contact from halifax in well over a year.... or do i wait to see what wescot have to say ??....slightly confused lol

sent wescot a cca for a halifax credit card last week. not heard off halifax for over a year. until today they send me a credit card statement saying i have failed to make the minimum payment. this debt has been to 2 dca now. this is a small paragraph from the statement ....

YOU HAVE FAILED TO MAKE A MINIMUM PAYMENT

Failing to make your minimum payment can mean that you have broken the terms of this credit agreement and could result in us taking legal action against you. It could lead to your having to pay additional legal costs ans make it more difficult for you to obtain credit in future.

so is this in response to my cca request ??....seeing as this was pASSED on to 2 dca & i have had no contact from halifax in well over a year.... or do i wait to see what wescot have to say ??....slightly confused lol

It could be in response to your request, but they are now sending out new look statements this month. Bet you are pleased that they included you. Obviously the debt is still with them and the DCA's are just collecting on their behalf.

Just wait the 14 working days, then put the account in dispute.

hi vint1954, new look statements eh....look a bit crappy to me lol.

thanks for your reply. just thought it was strange that they sent it to me seeing as i have had no contact with them for so long.

• 2 weeks later...

ok ...update ..... it has now been 14 days since the cca was recieved...in this time i have recieved 2 letters from wescot both like this ........

Wescot"

miss **********

************road

DATE 1/09/09 CLIENT: halifax

DEBT NO:******* YOUR REF:******

BALANCE:£37**.**

REFERENCE: full & final settlement £2800

we acknowledge receipt of your correspondance regarding the above account and have noted your comments.

(lots of tick box statements ...none ticked)

additional comments:

please ring **** on 08** 82***** extension ****

so , i havr recieved 2 of these letters but not cca...or anything like it...what should i do.? ...as i did read on another post that the 30 days grace period no longer stands ....

Hi Hammers69 :)

Send the the account in dispute letter HERE

They will keep sending you templated cr*p until a sentient being (if one exists) realises it's in dispute.

They often have a system whereby letters are computer generated at set intervals if they have no response. I think the only response they take notice of is a payment, unless you catch their attention.

Regards,

Elsa x

Maybe their Amiga broke down :)

Must be as new "personal approach", nice and cosy..I trust you won't ring her...she'll be spinning her web as we write...

As of now you can legally withhold payment until they produce a valid agreement. If you read through the account in dispute letter you'll see yourself what they should and shouldn't do.

Save anything they send, and anything out of line can be reported to OFT.

Regards,

Elsa x

They will keep sending you templated cr*p until a sentient being (if one exists) realises it's in dispute.

They often have a system whereby letters are computer generated at set intervals if they have no response. I think the only response they take notice of is a payment, unless you catch their attention.

Regards,

Elsa x

How true Elsa. Sentient being or not, if you want them to take notice of your 'account in dispute' letter, simply write 'PAYMENT ENCLOSED' on the envelope. They will open it before anything else that day.

Regards,

Elsa x

Make sure that you get the account in dispute letter off pronto, as advised by Elsa.

• 4 months later...

Ok sent the account in dispute letter off and never heard off them again , until now....... So months later I now have CAPQUEST hounding me at my new address for this same debt that I thought was gone. They are phoning sending letters . They managed to get me on the phone this morning after I told them that the debt should no longer stand they said they know nothing about it from the last DCA and that if I want to request a CCA to send £1 for it. I told them I wouldn't be and to stop harrassing me & theyhVnt a leg tostand on and if it went to court they know that, towhich the adviser said oh no madam no one mentioned court, just send us the letter and we will put your account on hold.

What do I do??? I thought this debt was gone now I'm being hounded again please help