please advise

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5348 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can my employer ask me to hand in my notice????????

My ex employer have also gone down the route of dismissing me rather than just letting me go because they want to float in the future and need to take a solid case to the market and state that they never made any redundancies in this tough market place.

the dilema this leaves me with is that i am unable to claim my unemployment insurance that i took out to cover myself. (due to dismissal) which i think is extremely unfair as the market conditions are out of my hands.

Edited by scubarob
more information

Hi scrubarob,

Welcome to CAG :)

Sounds dubious behaviour on your employer's part. How long have you worked there?

Che

...................................................................... [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Please post on a thread before sending a PM. My opinion's are not expressed as agent or representative of The Consumer Action Group. Always seek professional advice from a qualified legal adviser before acting. If I have helped you please feel free to click on the black star.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS] I am sorry that work means I don't get into the Employment Forum as often as I would like these days, but nonetheless I'll try to pop in when I can.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Red]'Venceremos' :wink:[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]

IMHO you do whats best for you rather then thinking whats best for the company in a years time.

But if you feel for them and want to go that way ask them if they can give you a redundancy package/Good reference in exchange for your Notice, but take into account you may not get benefits if you resign so you really need to have something lined up to pull it off or its not worth it.