urban clearway

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5329 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can someone give me advise on urban clearway signs. i was parked about 100m down the rd from one and clearly didn't see it. there were no rd markings and yes i was issued with a fine. what is the law regarding placement and distance of urban clearway signs. i live in (ni)

The urban clearway prohibits stopping during peak periods, but is effectively a prohibition of waiting and loading as drivers may stop to pick up and set down passengers. It applies to both sides of the carriageway and is indicated by the sign to diagram 646 erected on each side of the road to face oncoming traffic. The sign indicates two time periods representing the morning and evening peak periods; it cannot be varied to show a single time period such as 8 am to 6 pm. As road markings are not used with urban clearways, signs should be provided in both directions just after each side road junction. The signs should be sited a sufficient distance from the junction to enable them to be read by drivers turning into the clearway, but generally no more than 45 m measured from the backline of the side road. Care will need to be taken when siting signs at a staggered crossroads or where junctions are very close together. Where junctions are more than 400 m apart, additional signs should be provided to maintain a spacing of not more than 400 m. The end of the clearway is indicated by the sign to diagram 647. In most cases, this will be mounted on both sides of the road back to back with the commencement sign to diagram 646. Signs to diagrams 646 and 647 are not normally provided on side roads that join or cross an urban clearway.