Natwest charges... what can they do?

retap-falco

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4481 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Have a NatWest advantage Gold account, since mid-80's. Got back over £7k in unfair charges from them 2 yrs ago :) and things were OK until May this year when I ran out of money. I wrote to them explaining my circumstances (no income) and asked them not to hit me with bounced DD charges, knowing that I only had a £100 overdraft limit.

The b**tards have now hit me with £1,400 in charges from six DD accounts, so basically have ignored my request.

They have called and offered to reduce them by £500, but I think they are taking the you-know-what.

As it's a current account, I'm not sure ofthe best thing to do next.. CCA s77, or what?

As I have claimed back charges already, and as a consequence, signed their new T's and C's, I guess this makes it different.

Any help would be grateful.

No. Keep on claiming charges. Go back to 1995.

How do you mean that as a consequence you signed new T&Cs? What is this about?

No. Keep on claiming charges. Go back to 1995.

How do you mean that as a consequence you signed new T&Cs? What is this about?

Sorry B-F, I wasn't clear... they refunded me many thousands of pounds ;) a couple of years ago, for six years of illegal charges. As part of the process of receiving the refund, they ask me to sign a document that was a full and final settlement (stating that I couldn't go after them for more charges) and that I would adhere to their current Terms and Conditions. Hence, I think they are trying to screw me into paying them some of their charges back..:confused:

Hence my question about what to do next.

HTH

Don't worry about the F&F. It's not binding on you. Go back and sue for everything back to 1st Jan 1995.

Don't hang around

Yes. SAR them for everything. Use our new SAR template