BTs final bill...

Guest c0rnland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4482 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest c0rnland

Hi All,

I've been a customer of BTs for some time and last month decided to swap supplier to group internet, mobile and landline together with orange.

I got my final bill from BT yesterday and was shocked to see that they had charged me £60.90 for leaving "weekend and evening" calls. This shocked me because i made a point of checking i was outside of my contract (which i was) before leaving. Can anybody tell me why they can charge this? Is it free weekend and evening calls until you leave and then you get charged for them? I personnally don't see why i should pay this, i also considered contacting ofcom but i've had plenty of help here before.

Unlimited Evening & Weekend Plan

Unlimited UK Evening & Weekend calls at no extra cost – 12 month renewable contract deal

Unlimited UK Evening & Weekend calls are available to eligible residential customers agreeing to a 12 month renewable contract on the Unlimited Evening & Weekend Plan. Line rental costs apply. You will only pay line rental, which has a monthly cost of £11.25 if you pay by Direct Debit or monthly payment plan and elect for paper-free billing. Otherwise add £1.50 per month for payment processing fee levied by BT Payment Services Limited, a BT Group company, plus £1.25 without paper-free billing discount. Exclusions and conditions apply. Discount is via bill credit, which will be applied to your next or subsequent bill.

At the end of each 12 month minimum period the contract will be automatically renewed for a further 12 month minimum period unless you tell us otherwise before the renewal date. We will write to you the month before the renewal date to remind you of this. You cannot downgrade during the minimum period or any renewable minimum period. If you would like to move onto the Unlimited Anytime Plan you may do so by taking up an Unlimited Anytime special offer or deal but a new contract term will apply. If you decide to end your contract within the 12 month minimum period, you will incur a single charge of £7.50 for each month left of the minimum period.

If you do not wish to renew, all you need to do is let us know before the renewal date. If you choose not to renew your contract with us, you will then start to pay the standard monthly price for the Unlimited Evening & Weekend Plan, currently £14.20 per month including line rental if you pay by Direct Debit or monthly payment plan and opt for paper-free billing.

BT Local, BT Working Together and BT Working Together Talk, Light User Scheme or In Contact Plus are no longer available for new supply, so customers will not be able to return to these packages at the end of the minimum period or any renewal period.

Excludes customers benefiting from some special offers or deals.

Cancellation and moving home

You can cancel your order, free of charge, before we have provided the service. If you cancel your order after we provide the service you will incur a single charge of £7.50 (with the Unlimited Weekend or Unlimited Evening & Weekend plans) or £8.00 (with the Unlimited Anytime plan) for each month left of your 12 or 18 month minimum period.

^^^ C & P'd from BT's Terms and Conditions.

It seems that the contract automatically renews unless you inform them otherwise.

Did you receive a reminder from BT a month before the renewal date?

If not, they would appear to have breached their own Terms.