£39 for a bill payment that was not paid???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I set up a bill payment for the wrong date on the online banking. The payment went the day after, ie pay day, but they B*****s have taken £39 for not paying it. They didn't have to do anything as the bill wasn't paid, it did not make me overdrawn, as i don't have an overdraft, and it was all automated.

Surely they can't take £39 for this? Have I got a chance to get it back? i'm sure this has also happened before but i never really thought about it in detail???

Amy thoughts? :x :x :x

Welcome.

If you phone and complain they may well refund it, but if you think there have been others in the last 6 years you need to send a DPA letter.

Before you start please have a thorough read of the FAQs (there's a Step by Step guide here too). You may want to print these out to refer to later

Then look at other threads in your bank's forum, so as you know what you can expect to happen

You need to spend 2 or 3 days gradually getting your head round everything.

There's a lot to take in, but it's time well spent and will ensure that you succeed in your claim without problems

This is a self-help forum and you must be prepared to put in time and effort. It is your claim, your money and you cannot expect others to do all the work for you.

When you feel confident that you understand the process and the various stages involved, start a new thread in your bank's forum and post your progress and any questions there and you'll get plenty of help

Lots of info and links here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/20211-newcomer-then-please-feel.html

Good luck

Well they have taken it so I would request last 6 yrs bank statements,add ALL the charges up.

Then spend some time reading through this site.

Then claim the lot back.Plus interest !!

Remember to read through the FAQ,s

Good Luck..Not that you,ll need it!

pre lim letter sent 4/07/06

lba sent 18/07/06

N1 served 2rd Aug.

Paid in full Aug 15th

Checked account today 16th !!

cheers... i think i'll get the 6 years as suggested and start it off. Looks like there's a lot to take in here but i'm like a dog with a bone now lol. I did ask them to refund it but they said no on the phone and told me there was no chance of appealing. I though she was a bit off so i put a complaint in to the ombudsman which i am waiting for.

Will put a request in for six years and start reading guys.... cheers :D :D