Bailiff (JBW) remove car on first visit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The reason the bailiff is asking is because s/he is probably on commission . You do know that bailiffs are self employed and work on commission dont you ?

Thanks. I kind of had an idea that was the case.

Update. Have written to JBW and copied to council concerned. They were given a week to respond but have heard nothing. The next stage is the form four. I would guess that there are existing threads on how to fill out a Form 4 for the county court regarding the excessive fees charged by bailiffs. If so, could someone post the link? Thanks

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I did get a PCN and the appeal was rejected.

The £137.88 for the PCN and court costs, I do not dispute. The bailiff charges I do.

The bailiff texted me the breakdown -

£54.34 levy fee

£240.00 attendance/enforcement of warrant

£50.00 clamp fee

£175.00 tow truck fee

£30.00 vehicle hpi check

Plus vehicle storage and VAT

Yes I called the Ministry of Justice and he is certificated, to JBW and his certificate is still valid.

As there is a daily storage charge, the amount 'owed' is rising. It is advisable to pay and dispute later?

You have said that you appealed this PCN and that the appeal was rejected. Was this "appeal" at the Notice to Owner stage and if so did you receive a formal rejection?

With the formal rejection ( assuming that you received this) did the response include details of how to make a further appeal to the adjudicator?

If you did not receive a formal rejection then you are entitled to file an Out of Time late Statutory Declaration. This will ensure that all enforcement action will cease.

You have said that you appealed this PCN and that the appeal was rejected. Was this "appeal" at the Notice to Owner stage and if so did you receive a formal rejection?

With the formal rejection ( assuming that you received this) did the response include details of how to make a further appeal to the adjudicator?

If you did not receive a formal rejection then you are entitled to file an Out of Time late Statutory Declaration. This will ensure that all enforcement action will cease.

Thanks but I am afraid it didn't get to that stage. I appealed at the first stage and it was rejected. The Notice to Owner stage came after this.

I am looking to fill out a Form 4 ASAP on the grounds of excessive fees, unreasonable and inadequate amount of time afforded to make a payment before seizing my car (as there was no contact with the bailiff at all; he simply found that I wasn't in on his first visit and took the car). It will soon be two weeks now that they have had my car. There has been no reply at all to my complaint This was done by email. They later confirmed receipt of it and an investigation. This week I texted a request for an update on the amount owed - no reply.

A payment was made by credit card by phone, however it has been placed into a temporary account by the card company awaiting acceptance by JBW i.e.it seems they are not accepting payment. As I said earlier, since the letter of complaint there has been no contact from them at all.

If you want i can sort this out for you. All you be liable for is costs ie court costs etc for issuing summons and so on. I already have helped people gain 4 wins against this sort of company. The last thing that they want is to be publicly laughed at again.

So whats cooking today ?

If you want i can sort this out for you. All you be liable for is costs ie court costs etc for issuing summons and so on. I already have helped people gain 4 wins against this sort of company. The last thing that they want is to be publicly laughed at again.

Yes, I'd be grateful.

Sabr1na71