Questions re CCA request time frame

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5356 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Apologies if what follows is daft but I cannot seem to find an answer and although can attempt to apply common sense to this have learned from experiences already that this is not always the best way :roll:

I have a number of CCA requests out there "pending" and having checked on the Royal Mail site who had recieved what I have a couple of queries please:

• I understand that having sent by recorded first class post I can consider the request "served" after two days. Does this include the day of postage or two days after that? If I have their signatures from the Royal Mail site as being recieved the next day can I disregard the two days (as I have evidence they recieved sooner!)??
  • One company - Citifinancial - have a mail redirect in place on their Sunderland address. I do not yet have proof of posting confirmed - do I have to give them further time for the redirect or is this not my concern?
  • Sorry this one has been asked before (but I can find two responses to it!) - is the 12+2 days working days or calendar days??
  • I potentially have two so far where the lovely competent people at Royal Mail may have managed to loose the request (and postal order!) - if this is the case would I presume (that having pursued RM for compensation on principle) I would need to start again with my request? (I can prove sent but RM cannot prove recieved??)
  • Last one - where the company actually decline to accept the delivery (to a PO Box) - where would I go next? Details of companies house? search for their CC liscence and see if I can get a land address of there?

Sorry if these are simple, just starting to stabilise things and begin the long walk (and fight) back and keen to get this first step right!

Many thanks as always ;)

MJC 007.5 :cool:

Advice or opinions offered by mjc 007.5 are personal, offered in good faith and without prejudice or liability. Your decisions and actions are your own and should you be in any doubt then please seek the opinion of a fully qualified and insured professional

:) If you think I have helped you please feel free to click on my scales :)

I have a number of CCA requests out there "pending" and having checked on the Royal Mail site who had recieved what I have a couple of queries please:

• I understand that having sent by recorded first class post I can consider the request "served" after two days. Does this include the day of postage or two days after that? If I have their signatures from the Royal Mail site as being recieved the next day can I disregard the two days (as I have evidence they recieved sooner!)?? Posted Monday they get it Wednesday
  • One company - Citifinancial - have a mail redirect in place on their Sunderland address. I do not yet have proof of posting confirmed - do I have to give them further time for the redirect or is this not my concern? Their problem
  • Sorry this one has been asked before (but I can find two responses to it!) - is the 12+2 days working days or calendar days?? Working days
  • I potentially have two so far where the lovely competent people at Royal Mail may have managed to loose the request (and postal order!) - if this is the case would I presume (that having pursued RM for compensation on principle) I would need to start again with my request? (I can prove sent but RM cannot prove recieved??) Nice to have receipt but proof of posting should work
  • Last one - where the company actually decline to accept the delivery (to a PO Box) - where would I go next? Details of companies house? search for their CC liscence and see if I can get a land address of there? Send to their registered office - (should be on their letters)

David

Many thanks David :)

Advice or opinions offered by mjc 007.5 are personal, offered in good faith and without prejudice or liability. Your decisions and actions are your own and should you be in any doubt then please seek the opinion of a fully qualified and insured professional

Will do BB and thanks - is it fair to say that a PO Box is not accepted as a "registered address"? :)

Will do BB and thanks - is it fair to say that a PO Box is not accepted as a "registered address"? :)

PO box is a valid address. The problem is that they sign for letters in a block.

Just because the Royal Mail site says it is still with the post office or is on route, does not mean that it has not been delivered. I have a few of these, but the companies have responded to them, so they were received.

You have done all that you can to ensure delivery, so 12+2 working days later, dispute letter.

Many thanks BB and Vint (still legend rather than Leg end in my humble view! :razz:)

You two and many others of the more established here have shown me the way back from the brink - long way to go yet but we have some stability and even a bit of peace (nice to have them running around after me!).

The 12+2 is ticking down...... :D

According to Companies House...

8. What is a registered office?

This is the official address of the company and the address to which Companies House will send notices, letters and reminders. The registered office must be:

• in England and Wales (if your company is registered there);
  • in Scotland (if your company is registered there) ; or
  • in Wales if your memorandum of association says that the registered office must be there (see question 4 above).

The registered office must always be an effective address for delivering correspondence and documents to the company. To avoid delays or other problems we strongly advise you to deal with all correspondence sent to this address promptly. If your company wishes to change its registered office address after formation, you must notify Companies House of the new address on Form 287. Until Companies House has entered this form onto its database the change does not take effect.

Companies House uses the Post Office address database to verify addresses. To avoid delays please ensure you are using the correct address including full post code on all forms and documents sent for registration.

Just wondering how a PO Box becomes and official address? Might be worth a complaint to said Companies House

Many thanks BB and Vint (still legend rather than Leg end in my humble view! :razz:)

You two and many others of the more established here have shown me the way back from the brink - long way to go yet but we have some stability and even a bit of peace (nice to have them running around after me!).

I would beg to differ, you not having had sight of my Leg End:D:D:D

You need to watch that you don't start to enjoy it:cool:

Ditto :D

Not yet enjoy ..... quiet satisfaction at present.... but we are getting there :p