• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Problem

qualitystreet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4579 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have posted this before but unsure if its in the correct place - so can someone look at both posts and help me....

Car loan and personal loan question. If I have made a recent (Feb 2009) payment to my Car Loan by a BS cheque and quoted the account it should be paid into and then Welcome have taken it as payment against the PL. (this has caused car acnt to have charges against it). Can I ask for it to be reversed and paid into the correct account?

I have paid more than 1/3rd off the car (22 1/2 payments from 48. :cool:Never a late payment until Feb this year - then cancel DD - my hours cut at work by a 1/4. Requested both statements - which took over a week to come - behind by 1 1/2 mnths on car (one month caused by above Welcome mistake) and 2 on loan (more if they reverse the mistake as requested). Lots of silly bits on statement - reversed loan payments and lol - two charges for a non payments by card.....they kept my card details to use next month - details taken over the phone for one payment -but I was lucky as it was the month for my new card issue and I didnt realise they had gone to take another payment.

Working out statements into debit and credits makes it looks like the odd ammounts that my "Friend" has asked me to make from March this year have ensured that neither accnt is paid enough and charges can be made on both. Maybe done to get him commision?

When I told my "friend" at my local Welcome payment was onto wrong account he said I must get copy of my original chq to see what is quoted on it...lol... He has told me that "they" - presume someone above him - can cause problems over the car - I asked "take the car away" and he said yes - this is because I am behind my PL. I just dont know what to do for the best. I wrote to him - after looking at questions on this site and said they would have to take me to court as I had paid just under 1/2 off car. The car is a little gem and no problems to date. Also my "Friend" wont call me at work as I asked him not to but did visit me at weekend - said he would give me a call this week but I missed his phone call as I was out. He has indicated that he will not be able to deal with my account - it will go to someone else...also one call from the manager of the branch..think they are playing good cop/bad cop to make me pay.

Also I have asked for a copy of the NU insurance - taken out to cover car breakdown - never had a copy of this - nothing yet sent - also last week was the first time had a car statement. Took out gap insurance but reading my original contract because I am behind with the payments (all insurance must be made by equal payments) this is not worth the paper its written on. Didnt take PPI out but was I mis-sold the NU insurance if it was not with Norwich Union? - as seen in previous threads. Now sent me a number to check this out on.

I would not pay anything this month but they insist that I make a payment for both accounts in full next weekend - get a Bankers Chq and go to the office to pay before 12 O'Clock on Saturday. I can pay car next month (just about) but am inclined not to - but can pay only a few pounds off the personal loan - its for 4K . Only taken out a year ago....3 more years to go. Have looked at my credit score and nothing is noted on there. Which loan is it best to pay some off - I am not worried about my credit score as will never borrow again - dont have mortgage - as all paid off. I need the car for work and I am not very mobile and live out of town so need car.

Sorry if I have rambled on a bit - also I quoted in the letter sent to branch that I am in dispute with them over the car because have not had statements and have not had N U insurance details. Please help - cant sleep with worry over this

user_online.gifreputation.gif report.gif

right first question

if you made a payment by cheque with the account number on it and welcome paid into a different account, its there mess up

getting them to admitt it is another thing

contact the building society and ask if you can have a copy of the cheque

they may charge you a fiver

tell them the situation and i would think more than happy to help

the swines are not allowed to keep your card details unless you have given a continue credit mandate

dont worry, you havent

if you have a new card all the better

make all payments in future by standing order

no matter what they say they cant take your car if behind on the personel loan

they are two seperate agreements and its a usual scare tactic

to get details on any micky mouse insurance products, you need to contact welcomes partner in crime

Direct Group - Where Insurance and Innovation Combine - Home Page

phone them up and ask them to send all details they have on you

insurance needs to be made by equal payments is rollocks

you pay it in a lump sum at the begining (front loaded)

you get screwed on the interest that way

this is normal for welcome believe me and never believe a thing welcome say unless its in writing

remember

no dd

no bank card

allways standing order

and dont leave your self short because of these cretins

let me know what direct group say tomorrow and ill put the account into official dispute for you

that way the money stays with you and not welcome

believe me

they are not worth loosing sleep over and are a sorry excuse for a finance company

Hi,

Just a quick update and one more question. If I can pay the car at the end of the month (thought by BS Chq)this makes me still only 1 1/2 mnth behind - if they did take me to court over the car could they take it?

It a nice little car - of course not worth all the money I have paid or the worry but dont want to get it taken away.

Also my man at Welcome said that unless I paid this month then he would pass it to the collection dept. who or what are they? I would like to keep paying the car - what would you do?

dont panic

heard all this before from welcome

welcome will only go to court as a last resort,

to go to court they would first have to issue you with a default notice

the default notice welcome send out are pure crap and not worth the paper written on

they cant repo the car with out a court order as you have paid more than a third and ive never known them do it through a court order

same old story

pay by the end of the month or be hung drawn and quartered

realy, the should think up some thing new by now

its all mind games and it seems to be working

just read the welcome threads, ime allways on them and you will get to know the con

just let me know what direct group say tomorrow

its important that you just ask what details they have on you

dont mention ppi

gap etc

let them tell you and to send you the details

Welcome car finance no longer exist since April this year. I am having problems with welcome financial services. I took out what i thought was a hp agreement with wcf and now find out it is a conditional sale. I cancelled the dd this month and have had nothing but hassle including a visit to my home - this is the only payment i have missed and was due to leave my account on 17th. Have tried everywhere for help but no one seems to be able to help me. The t&c's state it is a hp agreement but welcome says they are the wrong t&c's. Ihave paid 3/4 of total. was told when i took the car i could trade it in after 2 yrs when i tried this i wasnt allowed, so looked in to vt. they said i couldnt vt as it was not a hp agreement. they say they dont want the car just the loan repayed. Can anyone tell me where i stand? many thanks

Today got statement for car in post - and two missed telephone calls - nothing of the N U insurance that I requested.....explained in PM what happened when I called them yesterday. The question is should I pay this month car payment or not....I just cant manage if they take the car away and I am so worried - what should I do? Sent you a PM last night - appreciate you are very busy but what do you think I should do?

Appreciate a reply as away for weekend. from tmrw night

No I asked them (i was at work) for any info they had on me and the lad said that they didnt have a database but he could put me in touch with claims dept...also the number that my Friend at Welcome gave me was direct to the claims dept..... both times I did 141 B4 call....also the no my friend gave me was ment to be a direct no to Norwich Union - I have saved his tx on my mobile. I have read the old threads on this and also yr posts today.

If I dont pay this mnths payment I will be 2 1/2 mnths behind. what would u do? I had him round again last weekend....but I am not that worried as away this weekend. My big question is should I pay a little this month to show willing or await the outcome and see what happens to WF. I understand that the Gap/Mech insurances are not valid but how can this help me with my o/s amnts.

at the end of the day the choice is yours

if i were in your position i would say

stuff you welcome but thats me

they cant repo the car with out first defaulting you and give you two weeks to rectify the default

wheather you pay or not makes no difference to welcome

i would make payment only on one account if you wish as you have allready paid on one

Thankyou. I am going to put the money away in my saving acnt and see what happens next.

Was the reply at the telephone no you gave me the standard reply?

Also how do I go about getting the details about the N U and should I let the Friend know what I want - it obvious that they are not going to let onto me they know why I am asking for the NU insurance details - its been a month and they have not sent me anything apart from the wrong phone no and 2 statements.

Should I send off my 10 and put the acnt into dispute? if no reply?

When they send the notice to default me - will it ask me to pay all thearrears? Also will the insurances being mis-sold to me count for me? Thank you for you help. If I get a reply might be able to enjoy my few days away - the first since I have been paying the car...lol

Hi

Can anyone help me on this: Had a Without Prejudice rqst under Section 80 of Consumer Credit Act 1974 sent to me today - not reg post - They request the location of vehicle.....do I need to reply to this...if so how should I go about it - send it reg and is there a preforma letter to send ? Also as the muppet from Welcom was here 2 weekends ago I am sure that he saw the car....thinking of sending a photo of car with that days paper and its date showing.

I am sure that I have been missold the NUinsurance but just need to know what to do next.

Personally, I would write back and tell them that if they want you to respond to a request under S80 of the CCA, then they resend it WITHOUT marking it Without Prejudice.

You have to respond to a S80 notice, but equally, they cannot enforce that notice as it stands.

I have NO IDEA why they would send the notice as WP, but then, logic doesn't seem to be their strong point. If they tried to take you to court because you failed to respond, you just say, WHAT S80 notice. And they go.... erm, the one we sent that we are not allowed to show in court.

At which point you laugh in their gormless faces.

QS

Bumping !!

You need to send the doorstep visit letter. The Harrassment by telephone letter. You will find these in the templates section..

Have you sent a SAR and CCA request Yet?

If they turn up, do not speak to them, tell them that they are trespassing and to get off your land or you will call the police...

DO NOT speak to them over the phone unless you can record everything!!!

Also if you can post up any agreements / statements / Letters that you have, use photobucket for this..remove all personal details...this will assist the caggers to give you the advice you need!!

Will get back to you asap..bear with me just V.V. busy today, in and out alot...

b-o-2

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

Did the threat monkeys turn up today ???

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

No..but I went out. No letter left for me . I have also rung our local branch and its closed....well phone rang 15 times today and not answered. I am sending the doorstep visit letter. The Harrassment by telephone letter and Subject Access Request and CCA request tomorrow. As as you have told me to.

Will try to photobucket my info asap - also should I do the phone and doorstep letter for work too or is it best not to do this.

Thankyou.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a Without Prejudice rqst under Section 80 of Consumer Credit Act 1974 sent to me yesterday - not reg post.Posted from my local branch. with a second class stamp - stuck on! I have no reply from the CCA rqst - I sent it 14 working days ago - what should I do next? I think that as its payday soon they are just trying to frighten me into paying. I have never rcd a reply from the insurance group - when I asked them to send me any info they have on me.....the lad on the end of the phone was reading from a script .

Am I right in thinking that if I dont have valid insurances with NU - taken out when I did the HP then they are unable to enforce the car payments...sorry to be a bit thick on this but its all new to me.

Also I have paid over 1/3 on the car and need to know what is a Default notice like? I have had several statements sent but nothing that looks or reads Default Notice...can someone please help me on this.

The letter yesterday also told me to consult a solicitor? Why would they tell me to do that?

Many thanks

hi quality street

thats a usual welcome threatogram

i take it, it asked where the car was

pure crap again

the cca request has now exprired so you can legally with hold payment

ref the insurance

forget nu

its direct group and wf

what was the lad from direct group sdaying to you on the phone, you mentioned from a script

you will now need to sar direct group to end this,

so you think no insurance even though you have been paying for it, now why am i not surprised

the default notice at the top should read

DEFAULT NOTICE SERVRD UNDER THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974 AT THE TOP

Hi

Have pm you but: Letter said this at top:

Notice of Default Sums

My Name/Address etc

Acnt details

This notice is being given in compliance with The Consumer Credit Act 1974 because we have charged you the following default sums under your agreement with us:

Outside Calls 25

Letter 10

etc.....

This is not what they need to do to take me to court then?

Also the young chap at the insurance link you gave me asked me why I wanted the info - I said what info do you have on me on yr database - he said he didnt have access to the data base but could put me over to the claims dept....this I believe was from a script.

Have I go this right:

Insurance sold to me as being from Norwich Union (underwrittten by them)

This not being underwritten by NU but held by WF in another acnt/business.

Its this business that then pay out (Or dont) if I have a claim.

As we are not told this then the insurances and HP for car are not legal.

Am I right in thinking this is correct?

Thankyou

i have to watch what i post on this

the unholy trinity in this [problem] are

welcome finance

direct group

nu/now aviva

i wont get to involved or ill be at it all night

this is how it goes

welcome flog you the ppi etc,

they then take a back hander and pay them self a further commission payment up to 25% on the total

its called

welcome elite brokers

now to hide this, welcome pass the details, minus elite brokers details up to direct group.

there official role is to so call, addmin the policy

the policy are underwritten by nu (yeh right)

now if you make a claim by phoning direct group you will be transfered to, you guessed it

welcome finance

they make you think its direct group but if you believe that

its a circle of decite

the letter you got from welcome is not a default notice

every time welcome whack on a charge they now have to tell you by law

you now need to sar direct group as they are no longer playing ball