Help Please. Advice re Lowell Financial.

DO1984
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5259 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help me PLEASE> I am in receipt of 2 letters (to my parents address) from Lowell Financial regarding a barclaycard credit card i had in 2003/04. Last contact with barclaycard was 18th August 2004. The debt back then was around £400.00. Lowell Financial are claiming an outstanding balance of £729.21.

I have written to them with the standard letter "I do not acknowledge any debt to your company......" (addressed from my parents address) and have received a letter (to my current address) saying they may require more than the given 12 days as they are requesting a copy of the agreement from the original lender.

Where do i stand with this?

Shouldn't they already be in possesion of this?

Also, i have read on a previous thread that they do not require a copy of the executed deed of assignment from barclaycard in order to chase me for this debt. Is this true because i have also asked for a copy of this in my letter to them.

Please help me, any advice is welcome.

same as other threads sit back and wait for agreement if it ever arrives, you do not have to give them any more time, the limit is 12 + 2 working days, yes they should be in possession of all the paperwork but dca's never do anything properly. once 14 days up account goes into default and they may not request nor need you pay anything. when was the last time you actually paid any money into account cos if it was over 6 years its statute barred

Yes, last time i spoke to someone was to make make a payment on 18th August 2004. I have moved since then and may not have been receiving any letters/statements from them and then out of the blue comes a letter from Lowell. I have a few creditors that i am paying off through Payplan but barclaycard is not one of them.

• 3 months later...

Just an update really to keep up the hopes when dealing with this company. Its good news.

I sent "I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY" letter (attached) dated 14/08/09.

Received letter from Lowell dated 19/08/09 saying they had received my letter and were requesting a copy of the agreement from the original lender.

I then receive a letter from Lowell dated 31/08/09 saying the original lender had requested that my credit agreement be retrieved from archive.

I sent an "ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE" letter (attached) as it had gone over the time limit given in the first letter. Don't give up. Stick to your guns and send the second letter if the time is up.

I received a letter back saying that as soon as they had retreived the paperwork they would forward a copy to me.

This was followed with a letter saying they had a further twelve days to provide the documentation and they would update me on my request.

Last letter dated 11/10/09 saying after liasing with the original lender to obtain the documentation, it is no longer available due to the length of time since the account was opened.

If anyone else having problems with Lowell and are reading this, i hope i have given some confidence that we can beat these companies, it just takes a bit of time.

Lowell Financial 1st letter.doc

Lowell Financial 2nd letter.doc