style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6401 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After RBS settled in full I have decided to help my mum & dad recover their charges from the Bank of Scotland. BoS appear to have never refused any D/D payments etc., but have deducted an "Excess Overdraft Charge" where the overdraft limit has been exceeded.

Am I able to claim this excess o/d charge back? As far as I can see they already make money from interest as well as an "account maintenance charge".

Yes you can reclaim the Excess Overdraft Charge, you cannot however claim the normal overdraft arrangment fee.

Good luck and congratulations on getting your money back.

REFUNDED

Hubbys - HSBC £4,165 paid 18/8 after MCOL issued :)

HSBC - £651 paid 18/8 after MCOL issued :)

HSBC - £147 Prel 7/8, LBA 21/8, MCOL 6/9 £241

Hubby Halifax - Prel 29/7 £215, LBA 21/8, Offer rec. £110 22/8, MCOL 6/9 £298

Abbey - £2758 - Prel 26/6, LBA 10/7 - MCOL 26/7 £3,391, offer 25/8 £1,755.94, paid £3567.32 after Case manag hearing

Barclays - £675 Prel7/8, LBA 21/8, offer received £300 MCOL 6/9 £998 - Paid £1,012 before going to Court

Good luck :)

REFUNDED

Hubbys - HSBC £4,165 paid 18/8 after MCOL issued :)

HSBC - £651 paid 18/8 after MCOL issued :)

HSBC - £147 Prel 7/8, LBA 21/8, MCOL 6/9 £241

Hubby Halifax - Prel 29/7 £215, LBA 21/8, Offer rec. £110 22/8, MCOL 6/9 £298

Abbey - £2758 - Prel 26/6, LBA 10/7 - MCOL 26/7 £3,391, offer 25/8 £1,755.94, paid £3567.32 after Case manag hearing

Barclays - £675 Prel7/8, LBA 21/8, offer received £300 MCOL 6/9 £998 - Paid £1,012 before going to Court

BoS sent through statements dated from 2001 as I had asked, but they only went up until May 2004.

Not really sure if they have deliberately not sent the last two years or what! Has anyone else mention a lack of recent info?

After RBS settled in full I have decided to help my mum & dad recover their charges from the Bank of Scotland. BoS appear to have never refused any D/D payments etc., but have deducted an "Excess Overdraft Charge" where the overdraft limit has been exceeded.

Am I able to claim this excess o/d charge back? As far as I can see they already make money from interest as well as an "account maintenance charge".

This is my first post. Basically I have the same issue - Excess Overdraft Charges with BOS.

I'll start my claim soon and let you know how I get on. Keep me posted with your progress.

Thanks

Have now extracted all of the charges over the last five years from my parents' statements. Sending 1st letter before action on Monday. Will have to claim in two lots, as the max for small claims in Scotland is £750 and they have paid quite a bit more than that.

I do feel a bit for them because direct debits etc. are taken off before their wages paid in on the same day are added. So if you go over you limit with pay-outs before the pay-in is added then you get a charge, even though the transactions are on the same day.

It's much easier if you have (& know how to use) the internet and spreadsheets, but for those who don't (i.e. my parents) they can get in a mess trying to remember what payments are coming out when. Anyway, hopefully they'll get a grip on things now.

Here goes with the 1st request for reimbursement!

• 3 weeks later...

2nd letter before action sent on 5th September. Reply received on 7th September stating "a customer relations manager will investigate the points you have raised and you will receive a reply shortly, but certainly no later than 4 weeks."

Can I go ahead with my court claim after the 14 days passes, as that is what I stated I would do in my letter? Or do I have to comply with their 4 weeks?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like BoS are about to settle before going to court - will update on this next week.

Have further claims (Scotland - max £750) to be made after this one is done. Would it be worth enclosing a "WITHOUT PREJUDICE" letter with the next "Letter Before Action" saying that this is the total I will eventually be claiming, and if refunded no further action will be taken??????????????

Any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...