• Tweets

• Ask them if this radio was opened and inspected before sending it to you, if so please fwd the video    The 'free' speaker was damaged in transit to me and arrived in that condition I suggest you take this up with you courier.   The complete package was returned to you under my consumer rights which clearly states I can do so up to 14 days from receipt for a full refund.   To clarify the matter, I did not mark the radio, I did not damage the speaker.   Dx
    • Hello, I purchased an office chair from 'bestbuy-officechairs . co. uk' a few weeks ago.   I've just tried out the lumbar support function on the chair for the first time yesterday, but I noticed it doesn't work as i'm pumping it. There's a faint sound that sounds like air is coming up, so I think there might be a hole somewhere.   I contacted the company about this yesterday and asked to return the chair (via them coming to collect it) for a refund.   They replied via email saying that they'll send me a new back part to the chair, but they can't return and refund the chair because it's already been used.   The trouble is, I don't really want to keep the chair for a couple of reasons. The first reason is that I purchased an office chair that I intended to last me for many years, I do a lot of work in the chair , and the fact that i've received a faulty chair doesn't fill me with much hope. Even if they send me a new back to the chair, that doesn't fill me with much confidence that something won't go wrong in the next 4 or 5 years with this chair.   The second reason is that in general I just haven't been very impressed with the chair, I don't find the seat particularly comfortable to sit in, I find it creaks a lot as I move in the chair which I haven't had with previous chairs.   Could you please assist on how I can get my refund? (I haven't explained my two reasons to them for not wanting to keep the chair yet, so far i've just explained the issue with the chair and asked for a refund. I wanted to get some assistance before replying to them again)   Any help is much appreciated thank you
    • Me and my wife decided we could afford a new kitchen, we are a low income family but decided on a budget and took up the 0% option over 2 years and paid a large deposit. It began with a visit to a Wren store and we chose what color doors etc with the design  representative, booked a measure and signed on the dotted line and planned our install with them for the beginning of April 2022. The floor was all boarded and the walls where flat and the installer had a free run to install the kitchen with no delays from us.........however he worked from Tuesday 5th April, hac weekend off and returned for Monday and Tuesday where the problems arose. The wrong worktops where sent, shelving unit should have been 400mm as in the drawing but was 600mm and came damaged plus had been fitted but put the cupboard above alot higher and top shelf unreachable, a handle was wrong and a door was damaged, worltops left unsealed and unfixed for weeks, edge banding incomplete and a seating area lift up top not fixed at all and has fallen through to the floor. So the parts had to be reordered which caused more issues as they where delivered 28th April 2022. The installater asked me on the 12th April to sign his ipad saying "its so I can get paid", he listed the unfinished items and went on his way bet was not seen for another 4 weeks. Soon after he left the finance company notified me the agreement was going live and the first Payment was due 21st May, I contacted them raised a Section 75 claim with them a and Wren and Wren did nothing. The finance company moved the payment date to 15th June. So for weeks between 12th April and now I've dealt with many different people from Wren and even the resolutions team have failed to speed things up.  The first payment has been taken out on June 15th but even as of yesterday the kitchen hasn't been completed. The shelving unit which the kitchen fitter took away for 2 weeks because it needed cutting has been fitted minus 1 shelf so is incorrect still even after 3 of these being sent by Wren. Both me and my wife where at work so only noticed this when we returned home.  In all Wren have been paid and I've emailed yesterday to say we need to call it a day with them as they have had enough goes to get it right.  I've updated Wren at every turn but they have let us down, I'm sure it would have been completed correctly if the monies hadn't been released.   What should.i expect now? Can I argue the original kitchen value should be re valued?    Any advice would be greatly received. 
    • Fraudsters are using the details of firms we authorise to try to convince people that they work for a genuine, authorised firm. Find out more about this 'clone firm'.View the full article
  • Our picks

Reviving old claim

acslater

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4699 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I started a claim with Barclays (Woolwich) in 2006 for a larege amount - approx £12k plus interest. I put in my claim to Barclays and they came back to me in 2006 offering me only £1000 to close the claim. I phoned them to see why only £1000 and they came back and increased the offer to £2000. I didn't accept.

I really need the money now and I know 3 years have almost passed. Can someone let me know, can I continue with my claim where I left it back in 2006 for the whole amount (12k plus interest)- my claim would have been for charges between 2000 and 2006, or can i only claim 6 years from now.

As the claim went in to Barclays, I am wondering does the claim need to go into the court?

Please help.:(

Just to be clear, this is bank charges, not credit card claim?

EDit: Ok I see from previous posts it's bank charges

Can someone let me know, can I continue with my claim where I left it back in 2006 for the whole amount (12k plus interest)-
Yes, it will still be registered with Barclays

my claim would have been for charges between 2000 and 2006, or can i only claim 6 years from now
That's fine. Even if you were starting now, under the FSA waiver you can go back 6 years from 27th July 2007 ie from now back to 27th July 2001

As the claim went in to Barclays, I am wondering does the claim need to go into the court?
As a bank charges claim it would be stayed anyway, plus it would be Fast track. I'd leave it as it is frankly. Edited by Michael Browne

Do I now need to got to court to claim?
No you don't have to. Filing a claim at court would ensure your right to s69 8% interest, rather than relying on the FSA waiver, which covers this, but of course isn't law. Plus there would be court fees to pay now.

I am in a very tight financial situation at the moment due to the economy - is there a quick way?
If you have priority debt arrears (rent/mortgage, utilities, council tax etc) you could claim financial hardship under which the bank may make an interim payment. But it won't be 12 grand:D and it ain't necessarily quick.