Reviving old claim

acslater

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4481 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I started a claim with Barclays (Woolwich) in 2006 for a larege amount - approx £12k plus interest. I put in my claim to Barclays and they came back to me in 2006 offering me only £1000 to close the claim. I phoned them to see why only £1000 and they came back and increased the offer to £2000. I didn't accept.

I really need the money now and I know 3 years have almost passed. Can someone let me know, can I continue with my claim where I left it back in 2006 for the whole amount (12k plus interest)- my claim would have been for charges between 2000 and 2006, or can i only claim 6 years from now.

As the claim went in to Barclays, I am wondering does the claim need to go into the court?

Please help.:(

Just to be clear, this is bank charges, not credit card claim?

EDit: Ok I see from previous posts it's bank charges

Can someone let me know, can I continue with my claim where I left it back in 2006 for the whole amount (12k plus interest)-
Yes, it will still be registered with Barclays

my claim would have been for charges between 2000 and 2006, or can i only claim 6 years from now
That's fine. Even if you were starting now, under the FSA waiver you can go back 6 years from 27th July 2007 ie from now back to 27th July 2001

As the claim went in to Barclays, I am wondering does the claim need to go into the court?
As a bank charges claim it would be stayed anyway, plus it would be Fast track. I'd leave it as it is frankly. Edited by Michael Browne

Do I now need to got to court to claim?
No you don't have to. Filing a claim at court would ensure your right to s69 8% interest, rather than relying on the FSA waiver, which covers this, but of course isn't law. Plus there would be court fees to pay now.

I am in a very tight financial situation at the moment due to the economy - is there a quick way?
If you have priority debt arrears (rent/mortgage, utilities, council tax etc) you could claim financial hardship under which the bank may make an interim payment. But it won't be 12 grand:D and it ain't necessarily quick.