Interest after judgement Consumer Credit Act 1974

satinser
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a final charging order notice from court on a debt of £16000 in favour of Northern Rock. In this order the court has added after entering the amount the words “together with any interest becoming due” I have previously been informed that as the original loan was covered by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and to the fact that there was no mention of extra interest being added after judgement in default notice that this shouldn’t be allowed.

Can somebody advise the correct procedure to request court to correct this wording.

I have received a final charging order notice from court on a debt of £16000 in favour of Northern Rock. In this order the court has added after entering the amount the words “together with any interest becoming due” I have previously been informed that as the original loan was covered by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and to the fact that there was no mention of extra interest being added after judgement in default notice that this shouldn’t be allowed.

Can somebody advise the correct procedure to request court to correct this wording.

Hi Satinser

The County Courts (Interest on Judgment Debts) Order 1991

(3) Interest shall not be payable under this Order where the relevant judgment—

(a) is given in proceedings to recover money due under an agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974

Here's the skinny on s69:

County Courts Act 1984 (c. 28 )

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for your reply. Thats why I couldnt understand why the charging order makes reference to the possibility of further interest becoming due.

The original County Court Judgement clearly stated interest will only be added to the date of judgement.

Do you think I should write to the court or treat the comment as irrelevant and not enforcable in my circumstances??

I personaly would seek clarification as the wording is misleading.I personaly would request a fresh F/C /Order Notice.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Thanks again Andy would this be by the way of a letter to the court manager asking for clarification as to its meaning?

Meaning, wording and effects.

Regards

Andy