Bay Marking-plase view my letter to council and comment!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5356 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi People,

Below is a copy of a letter I have drafted for bedford Council regarding a ticket I got yesterday.

Can anyone help with comments if it's worth sending, as I feel they have been a bit unfair:

Pics are attached.

Thanks! :)

Name Address etc

Xxxxx

Xxxxxx

Xxxxx

Xxxxx

24/08/09

PCN No.: xxxxxxxxxx

Served on 23/08/2009

CEO: 201

Code 86

Dear Sirs,

On receipt of your enforced fixed penalty notice I believe I have been wrongly issued this ticket for the following reasons:

A: I was parked at what I believed to be an allocated space, being that there was no sign suggesting that I must be parked within four separate corner markings.

The sign used for a Sunday (as the ticket machine is not viewed) clearly states only ‘Parking Free on Sundays’. It should also be clearly stated on signs viewed by necessity i.e. whilst entering or parking that this is a set requirement. It is not.

B: The parking lines in any case, were not visible. The photographs and highlighting (see over) show those lines were not visible at the time of my parking. The vehicle to the right of me left me little room to open the driver door, and therefore THEY (the car to the right) may have been parked over bay markings making it impossible for me to determine where to park, especially being that it is the first time I have travelled to your city. There was also a car in front of me that gave the impression that this was an allocation. Clearly there were no markings to suggest otherwise.

C: After finding the ticket of alleged violation, I walked round and observed 24 cars parked in EXACTLY the same type of way, all WITHOUT TICKETS (photo's provided from what I could fit on my phone camera memory) and seemingly parked either in an area with no orange striping or next to a car that was either on the white lines or amongst cars giving the impression this was fine.

D: On arrival at the Riverside car park I waited fifteen minutes for the rest of my family to arrive to Bedford, whilst a CEO walked round us several times once right in front of my car smiling giving the impression that my parking was fine. I think this tactic is alluring.

E: You use orange paint gridding to show areas where parking is not allowed. I feel by not using these in debatable spots that visitors (hopefully not one-time) to this car park who will be either confused by your selective ticketing , un-advising staff, or drivers of large vehicle’s covering grid lines, is an unfair charging tactic.

I hope you can withdraw the ticket on these grounds, update your notices for weekends, and make parking areas clearer for people so that they have confidence in returning to your city in their vehicles.

Thank you,

xxxxxxxxx

(Insured driver of vehicle NOT owner)

Please ensure all correspondence comes to myself NOT vehicle owner.

Cars bedford.jpg

Are you saying there were no parking spaces painted on the ground?

Was the PCN issued by the Council and not a private firm?

If you can post images, that would be good. The ones above are too small to see. Best thing is to go to a free image hosting site and load your picture onto the web. Then give the link here so we can go see it.