Welcome, Funny That ??

carpinjoy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think this a bit weird, I took out a loan with them (yes I know, very silly) but the funny thing is this. They would only let me have it if I paid off some of the credit cards with it. All of which was fine, however I did not get to choose which ones to pay, they did and chose the two which were not enforceable in court, Cap1, Intellegent Finance, (part of halifax). Now I have a total of 7 cards with 3 of them around the same amount owing as the 2 picked by Welcome. I wanted to pay something to all of them to bring them all up to date, alas not to be, according to Welcome the only way I was to get the loan was to pay that specific 2 off. Has anyone else had the same or similar from Welcome, you never know, Welcome could be getting a backhander from the companies that know they would have trouble getting money out of clients with unenforcable agreements. FUNNY THAT??.

No, they aren't. Unfortunately. But they seem to have made an attempt to appear responsible lenders by making sure that you can afford the loan by consolidating your finances.

Except... what sort of interest are you paying? Over how long? Are you REALLY better off? Hmm. Seems to me that they lent you more, under the guise of "helping" you pay off your debts.

Or am I just being cynical?

In any case, do you have any mis-sold PPI to reclaim from them? Might as well have a go for that, before you end up having to deal with their administrators. ;)