Help !! legal questions concerning ex !!

superman01

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4480 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Approx two years ago my now ex-girlfriend took out a loan in her name for a car for us the loan was £10,000 and in her name. The car was and still is in her name. I am on the insurance for the car.

Unfortunatly we split up and there was some argument as to who got the car. My ex drafted an agreement that we both signed and agreed to , in this agreement i agreed to pay a set amount each month for the car as i wanted to keep it and she had another car. The agreement also stated that i would continue to pay the monthly installments. (I am currently awaiting a large payout in compensation for an earlier accident.) and that when my compensation arrived i would pay off the outstanding balance of the money owed.

We have both signed and agreed to this which until recently has been ok. However my ex has now started making threatening calls and text stating that she wants the car back and all the money paid back immediatley !!!

I cannot pay it all back and i need the car for work, i have not defaulted on any payments at all.

My questions are these:

Can she come and take the car back off of me ?

Do i have any legal rights concerning the car?

Can i just hand the car back and leave it all to her as the loan is in her name ?

Is there anything i need to be doing ?

• 2 weeks later...