cca request from american express.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5293 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello,

i cca requested amex 14 days ago,recieved reply ,they sent me my application form that i signed in 2001,it is signed but is that acceptable,or do they need to have got me to sign actual agreement.

they also sent me a copy of an agreement which has not been signed by me.

please advise, where do i stand as regards to enforceability.

can you scan them and post them up here using photobucket (delete any personal info)

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

are any of these front and back?

or referenced to each other in any way?

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Based on the shadow images, looks like the bottom sheet is the reverse of AN application form (note the shadowy square logo showing through from reverse) however I doubt it's the reverse of THIS application form as the last 2 letters of the word "application" seen shadowed through at the top near the logo are clearly in a different position (higher up) than on the enclosed application .

Sorry to sound so "X-Files" LOL

Elsa x

my balance is only 1 thousand pounds on this card,can i still challenge them,or is there a minimum amount in order to challenge enforceability.

i have written to amex again requesting origional agreement not application form,im waiting for their reply.

Based on the shadow images, looks like the bottom sheet is the reverse of AN application form (note the shadowy square logo showing through from reverse) however I doubt it's the reverse of THIS application form as the last 2 letters of the word "application" seen shadowed through at the top near the logo are clearly in a different position (higher up) than on the enclosed application .

Sorry to sound so "X-Files" LOL

Elsa x

your right the bottom sheet is reverse of application form.

do you think its enforceable or not.or should i hire a solicitor to deal with them.

amex have wrote to me telling me they have complied with my cca request which i believe they have .

the prescribed terms are on back of application form.

i do not think they will have origional application as im told they store all info electronically and destroy origionals.

i sent letter to amex telling them,the request for cca has not been fullfilled so they should not try to enforce.

i stated copy of application is not acceptable.

amex replied by sending me this letter.

please advise where should i go from here.

img104.jpg

img103.jpg

I'm in exactly the same position (though I've not yet responded to Amex's provision of the signed application form).

Does anyone know the answer? Does the signed application form they've supplied constitute an enforcable agreement, or not?

If it really is the case that the thousands of us out there who have signed an Amex application form are legally obliged to pay, please, please, please someone say so!

None of us want to go to court, cock-a-hoop and cocky, only to find that these signed application forms are perfectly enforcable, after all.

Anyone....?

(Please....?)

i sent letter to amex telling them,the request for cca has not been fullfilled so they should not try to enforce.

i stated copy of application is not acceptable.

amex replied by sending me this letter.

please advise where should i go from here.

img104.jpg

img103.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

american express have now given case to debt collector called RMA who after harrassing me on phone has threatened to visit my house,please advise how to deal with him.

Can i tell him to f*** o**,or do i need to talk to him and answer his questions.

Edited by desigaand

• 3 weeks later...

If you need advice from a member of the site team,just alert them by clicking on the red triangle in the left hand column below your user name.

You should get an answer within 24 hours.

For what it's worth I think Amex have to do more and produce what you're asking for--most of their response is designed to confuse and convince you that they have complied with your CAA request but in my opinion they haven't.