style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4275 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I requested a credit agreement section 78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 from HFC bank.i sent my letter including my £1 postal order.received a letter from them today

here is the letter

hfc bank

RESPONSE TO A REQUEST PURSUANT TO SECTION 77 OF THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974 ("THE ACT")

DEAR******

WE write further to your letter dated ****09 the contents of which we note.We apologise for the delay in our response.

As you may be aware,the bank is not required to provide information under section 77 of the Act when a loan agreement has been paid in full.We confirm the above account closed on ****2006

We trust that now clarifies the position for you

yours *******

i think hfc is (Edit) ,can anyone help me pliz.what to do next

thanks

Edited by maroondevo52
Removed inappropriate word

Hello and Welcome, rmzilikazi.

I'm afraid what they are saying is true, why did you request the agreement ?

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi,

I'm not too clued up on PPI, I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum, where hopefully you'll get some help.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hiya rmzilikazi,

I've just been directed here by moroondevo52 to see if there was anyway we can get you started on a claim.

While they are not compelled to supply a CCA under section 77 you can send of a subject access request (S.A.R) under the data protection act 1998 to get all data they hold on you.

I believe this is the route you should go, all the info on this you will find in the stickys at the top of this forum.

This info is vast so take your time in reading it.

You will find an S.A.R letter template in there too just copy and paste then edit to suit your needs.

Remenber to enclose a £10 fee this is statutory you will also have to allow 40 days from the time they receive it this is also statutory to allow them time to do a search.

Good Luck

Anymore questions post here and i will be along as soon as.

Regards

PF

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

your welcome we all have to start somewhere !!! PF

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

you know what i had 2 accounts with hfc the first one i took through dixons then the second one they paid off my barclaycard including the dixons loan they gave me .so right now i have 1 account which am paying.i want a refund on ppi on both accounts as i feel i was missold i remeber the guy telling me that if i dont take ppi they wont be able to give me a loan and it will increase the intrest .can you help how to approach it i want to avoid mistakes

thanx

• 1 month later...