• Tweets

• The 1st 2 calls were the normal scam calls. get a truecall box   the PDC stuff you ignore their letter States our client three whom if you wanted too you deal with directly.   Until/unless whenever it gets sold on too and they eventually send a letter of claim you maintain radio silence    
    • hi all. bit of advice please. I had a Three contract up until November last year. At £11pcm for 24mths. Paid every month on time via their online portal. When I ported over, I received a letter from Three thanking me for being a customer blah blah blah.. It also said IF I owed anything a final bill will be sent. No final bill ever received - I get a phone call around the first week in December form an Indian sounding man who was extremly difficult to understand. Said he was calling from Three, and wanted me to confirm my details - something of which I didnt as something didnt sit right. He said I could log into my account and review my bill as I owed money and then hung up. After the call I thought I'd best log into my account just in case.  Couldnt log in. Account access denied. Logged on to chat - they said as I ported over and I was no longer a customer my access was suspended. Couple of weeks later I had another call from a local area number and answered again it was some Indian guy telling me I owed money, wanting me to confirm details. I refused and he said details will be sent out to me to my email on account and my home address as it was important. Once again nothing.. 15th Dec I received an email from PastDue in my name RE Three. Email stated they were contacting me about Three an I should receive a letter soon regards to this matter. Says about visiting their website.  22nd Jan another email form Pastdue. Stating they have yet to receive a response to the letter, and they had already sent me an email about this. We will continue to contact you until this matter is resolved. Again asks me to login. 23rd Jan letter received dated 13th Jan. Titled "We are here to help keep your Three Services"  Claiming I owed "Airetime Balance £201.43" and contract period was 26/11/2019 to 25/11/2020 States "We have been appointed by Three to recover the amount of £201.43. If you pay this amount in full Three may be able to waive the cancellation fee and reconnect their service for you" - what cancellation fee / re connection??? I ended the contract giving the 30days notice and paying the last bill.. Then the normal crap about its important to pay. If I'm experiencing difficulties etc. Now both December and  January Credit reports from ClearScore, Credit Karma, Credit Expert, Totally Money and Equifax all show Three as Closed and balance as Zero. (Date Satisfied /closed 17th Nov, bal 0, last updated 30th Nov) I've had nothing from Three. As far as I'm concerned I owe nothing as no final bill and no access to the portal. Should I email PastDue and do a prove it & attach proof of Credit Reports being £0 or do I do something else?  
    • Hi she did say she was cancelling and returned the equipment. It looks like they put her on a rolling contract for 24 months when she phoned before trying to reduce her payments as they kept going up.   I know Sky haven't done that to me. She didn't see that email as she's had lots of stressful situations. No letter in post or when she originally phoned about reducing her bill well over £100 they didn't tell her about this contract.   Like you say there should be recordings. BT mobile contract is separate to broadband and the cancellation fee is for the broadband. They have blocked her mobile so she can't use it and that is a contract.   She is phoning CAB in the morning and checking through her paperwork. I'm quite happy with Sky as they tell you upfront what is happening and have never rolled over my contract.   Thanks for taking time to reply it is much appreciated. 
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies

kmbrad vs Lloyds TSB ***SETTLED IN FULL***

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5168 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all....

I have read the forums and congratulate you all on the tremendous help you ALL offer!

This is all new to me, but I am going to go for it... I bank with Lloyds TSB and searching back through my statements online, have calculated £417 in charges since late 2001. The charges I have included are, unpaid direct debit, cheques and standing orders. I have also included the overdraft excess fees but NOT the overdraft interest fee's. I agreed to have an overdraft so I dont think I can claim back the interest, CAN I?

I have looked at the sample letters. I have listed all my charges. I reada forum about the interest at 8%. Would it look like I don't know what I'm doing if I don't ask for this and the overdraft interest? I really could do with just a little pointer to get me going.

Regards

Karl Bradshaw

PS. The address I have on my statements to write too is: Customer Service Centre, Dept. 10-49, Box 3, BX1 1LT

Is this my best contact address?

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Halifax C C

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Cahoot CC

here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB (again)

here

You can claim overdraft excess fees

There are 2 instances of interest you can claim:

1.When you go overdrawn the bank will charge you interest, perfectly lawfully.

However, if part of your overdraft is made up of penalty fees, they are also charging you interest on these too and it is this interest which you are entitled to claim back, but it's tricky to separate out from the total interest figure.

Vampiress has a spreadsheet, (the advanced one), in the bank templates library, which attempts to calculate this

It's quite complex and unless your claim is large may not amount to that much, so for simplicity's sake, some people don't bother

This is the interest referred to in the preliminary and LBA letters.

2. Section 69 8% interest on your claim, but only when you submit a claim at court. Don't add this interest before moneyclaim

Address is fine

Hi Michael

Thank you for your quick response. I'll leave out the overdraft fee's as it won't be that much.

Should I also send all my correspondance by recorded / special delivery, or don't I need too?

I will start the process and get it under way. I will keep looking at the forums for sources of help. Should I need to ask the odd question, would you mind if I contacted you? I fully understand if you'd rather I didn't.

Thanks again

Regards

Karl

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

1st class post is fine, (at the PO you can get a certificate of posting for free), but most people tend to send it RD.

Use this thread to post your progress and any questions. that way people can see the history of your claim and give better advice.

Thank you.

I shall post when I receive what I expect to be a "automated response"

Regards

Karl

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

I received a standard letter today (16/8/2006) saying....

"We're sorry to hear of your complaint" etc

They also say that someone will investigate, and get back to me within "hopefully" two weeks.

Should i wait for this response before sending off my LBA? I know whis is a standard letter, but want to be seen as being 'fair' and not jumping the gun...

Any help would be great...

Thanks

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

Do you believe:

1.They're sorry about your complaint.

2. Someone will investigate.

3. They will reply within 2 weeks, hopefully or otherwise.

4. Their response will be a full refund.

Send the LBA 14 days after the date of your prelim.

Ok thanks. I hope you don't mind the advise. When people start these claims we read all the forums, but still aren't 100% sure on somethings. I'll send it after the 14 days has elapsed.

Regards

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

• 2 weeks later...

Just a brief follow up.

I sent the LBA (letter before action) yesterday. Today I received the normal letter stating the banks final comment on the mater.

Will wait the next 14 days before taking the next step.

Karl

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

• 2 weeks later...

Have just completed the forms on the Money Claim website. Took a while to do, but I wanted to make sure I got it right. There are soooo many threads to research, but it's worth it.

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

Just filled in the Money Claim forms. Took a while as I was referring to other posts for templates, but confident i've done it correctly.

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

ahhhh. My first post didn't appear, so I presumed i'd not posted it.

It's OK, I'm relaxed!

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

lol :D

Don't worry bud, we've all been there. Fingers crossed for you, looks like you've got it under control though :)

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

I received through the post this morning a notice of issue. I see Northampton County Court is addressed. Is this where all Money Claims are issued from or is this relevant to my case?

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

Just come back from a few days away to find two letters from the court on my doorstep. Firstly a "notice of issue" telling me the defendant has until 26th September to reply, and secondly a "notice that acknowledgment of service has been filed". The defendants solicitors are Sechiari Clark and Mitchell. They have 28 days from the date of service to file a defence (I make that the 10th October). If Lloyds TSB are following suit, I'd expect them to file a defence on or around the last day, then I'll start the AQ.

I'm off to have a go at designing Christmas Cards!

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

Just an update.

No other correspondance to date.

I'm off on holiday today for 1 week. Hopefully something will be awaiting me on my return!

Regards

Karl

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

Back from holidays and nothing on the door mat. Money claim status remains the same too. On a more positive note Mallorca is great and the weather blistering!

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

Can anyone tell me how I can rename my thread to kmbrad vs LloydsTSB?

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

thanks christina

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

Well my claim was acknowledged on the 12th September, so counting down the 28 days, I'm sure today (10th Oct) is deadline day :) (we're slowly concluding)... Haven't had any correspondance at all. Obviously expecting a last minute defence and an AQ to arrive shortly. Just one question. I'm sure no-one has been succesful in filing for judgement, but is it after midnight tonight I can try if a defence hasn't been entered? :???:

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

I believe it's after midnight that you can file defence, but not 100% sure as haven't done that myself. Our deadline was 8th October and we predictably received one of the defences in the post yesterday - the date of their defence was 5th. We're expecting that the other two defences will turn up today but if they don't then we'll be looking into a default judgement. Kowing Lloyds, I'm sure you'll get yours through very soon.

Lucid :)

• Confused 1

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

*Won unconditionally with contractual interest (29.85% compounded)

Lucid's Account - £749.62 * Joint Account - £2019.64 * Mindzai's Account - £595.65

*All settled in full - 6/2/07

*Hearings - 7/2/07

*Prelims sent - 9/8/06

_______

GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Checked MCOL yesterday and a defence had been entered. Have to wait for the AQ to arrive now.

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

The AQ arrived this morning with a covering letter from the courts entitled "Notice of Transfer of Proceedings". An attached letter from MCOL tells me that the defence filed has been enclosed, which I don't appear to have. Have I missed something here? All i have is an AQ, a covering letter from Northampton Court and a letter from MCOL.

Regards

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here