Returning car to finance company on a VT.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5342 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I wonder if someone could help me with my problem. I phoned the finance company today to ask their procedure for returning my car. They told me that Arnold Clark had taken out a personal loan on the car for me. The finance company said therefore I could not VT the car. When I was buying the car Arnold Clark told me it was a car loan that I had. What should I do now. I still have £5500.00 to pay on the car which I have been paying for 3 years and it is only valued at £2100.00. :Cry:

Any help would be great-full.

What Does It Say At The Top Of The Agreement

Does It Say Credit Agreement Regulated By The Consumer Credit Act 1974

Or

Hire Purchess Regulated

Fixed Sum Loan Agreement

Etc

Etc

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. The document states,

Document type: MOTORLOAN.

Fixed-sum Loan Agreement Regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

As Usual A Finance Co Talking Rollocks About Doing A Vt

Its On The Agreement Under Termination Rights

Might Markimark Would Like To Comment

What Do You Want To Do

I would like to return the car but I have phoned the finance company twice and they categorically told me in no uncertain manner that I could not do it as they say it is a personal loan I have with them.

Ok

Lets Play There Game

If Its A Personel Loan, You Are Able To Sell The Vehicle As No Interest Willbe Registered With Hpi

Any Shortfall Will Then Go To The Finance Co

Ask The Finance Co For A Settlement Figure Valid For 28 Days

Lets See Them Put It In Writing Shall We

How Long Was The Loan Over

Was It 36 Months

6o Months

Hi,

The loan was over 60 month. I asked them for a settlement figure and they came back with £5600. I have had the car for 3 years.They also said they would send me a form to fill out and they would sell the car at auction and the short fall would have to be paid by me. The car is only valued at £2000 to £2200. If they get £2200 for it I would still have to pay them £3400. Is there any way out of this nightmare.

Again

You Should Be Able To Sell The Car Yourself And The Garage Would Pay The Finance Co Direct

After You Have Paid Three Quarters Of The Agreement, They Request 3200 To End The Agreement

You Are At The Three Quarter Mark

Put Any Interest Rebate Etc, You Should Be Able To Walk Away From This

Send A Letter To Ge

Tell Them You Have Passed The Three Quarter Mark And Wish To Terminate The Agreement

Ask For A Settlement Figure Valid For 28 Days

Ask If You Can Sell The Vehicle Private And If They Object, What Are There Objections

Lets See What They Put In Writing

Send Recorded Delievery

Surely the 50% limit on liability would apply in this instance for a voluntary termination? or is that only relevant for a hire purchase agreement?

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

obtained and from my own experiences.

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

Case 3 - EOS Solutions - No Agreement - Account Closed ~£3500. :grin:

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

Thanks for the clarification/confirmation postggj.

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

Again

You Should Be Able To Sell The Car Yourself And The Garage Would Pay The Finance Co Direct

After You Have Paid Three Quarters Of The Agreement, They Request 3200 To End The Agreement

You Are At The Three Quarter Mark

Put Any Interest Rebate Etc, You Should Be Able To Walk Away From This

Send A Letter To Ge

Tell Them You Have Passed The Three Quarter Mark And Wish To Terminate The Agreement

Ask For A Settlement Figure Valid For 28 Days

Ask If You Can Sell The Vehicle Private And If They Object, What Are There Objections

Lets See What They Put In Writing

Send Recorded Delievery

Does this mean that I would still have to pay the £3200 out of my own pocket + the money the garage pay them.

Hello Postggj.

Could you pop by my new thread below and give me your opinions

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/216360-capital-bank-car-problems.html#post2383348

Many thanks

-

-

-

-

-

as you are through most of the agreement forget about the 3200 settlement

it will be much lower

what will happen is you go into a car show room and ask how much they will buy the car off you

you agree a price and it gets sent to the finance co as settlement and anything left given to you

the sale of the car will cover whats left on any finance agreement and you make a clean break with a few quid in your pocket

Hi postggj,

I called the finance company this morning. They said my balance was £5736.00. My settlement figure is £5181.82. Does this mean I have to pay them £5181.82 before I can walk away from this? Is there any other way out of this? As the car is only worth £2000.00 I am left short of £3181.00. They said they would send me the settlement figure out in the post.:confused:

• 3 weeks later...

Evening all,

Sorry to hijack again, but got another thread which might be interesting.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/218786-car-loan-agreement-valid.html

Any comments or opinions welcome.

Many thanks

-

-

-

-

-