style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5357 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

we owed community tax in last home of 1800 he came to new home and we let him take car which knocked 1300 off bill. he said w would make arrangement to pay off rmainder of 450. tried to make arrangement over phone he said he has to come to house to do that as cant over phone. he has tiurned up several times without notice so wer not there. he turned up monday saying we had 30 mins to raise money or my husband would be arrested, couldnt raise it he then said we would both be arrested and committed to prison we have 3 kids one of which is disabled. when we said we had no money unsuccessful in borrowing any he said he couldnt get us in his van to take us to police staion! said then we had till friday 12 noon to get cash together which we did with huge struggle he never turned up didnt answer phonecalls or texts. said late evening in txt that he would come today, then another text saying tomorrow could we meet him in swansea! we are moving house tomorrow and he said we could meet him on way to new house, offered to pay by standing order bank transfer etc he said we wont do that and we have to meet him in swansea which is not even on our route. we have only the money for him and hardly no money left to get to new house surely what he is doing is wrong we arehappy to make arrangement to pay but he wants it his way only really worried sick as to what to do

Hi Sorry about your problems. The sooner this evil law is recinded the better.

Now reading the threads on here - the police seem to regard balifs as a civil law and are not interested according to numerous posts on here.I belive imprisonment for C/tax is not in forcenow. Also if you have a disabled child to look after you could be classsed as "vunerable". The balif has I think no right to force you to meet him - it should always take place at the premises on the court order. You have seen one of those? Is the bailf certified or just a thug working for someone else. Did you check with the court to get the details of the CCJ/injunction.

Report your council to the OFT - Trading standards and your MP.

I did with my case after paying off a balife firm with a struggle,complained to MP and within a month got all my monies back. You can win sometimes.:)

Hope this helps a bit.

you wont be sent to prison at all, go to the court on Monday ask to speak to the court manager tell he/she what has been said and also ask to be means tested by the court dont let the ass in your house. prison is a very last resort and you can only be sent to prison if you refuse to pay or you tell the court two or three times you will pay and have no intention.

bailiffs will try and scare you so you will pay there and then ask the court to be means tested and do it that way and also explain that he never gave you a time or date when he was comming so how did you know he was going to turn up unless youread minds.

and from your numbers up there you will have £500 to pay

LFB

Report him to the council too! they are responsible for the way the bailiff companies they employ conduct themselves. This is shocking behaviour - why would he ask you to meet him somewhere. I don't like the sound of this at all. Go to the council offices and ask for a copy of their complaints procedure - then write a letter of complaint detailing this bailiff's actions.

If you need help with the letter I'll happily draft it for you.

As Let's Fight Bailiff's says, go to the court also and report his behaviour.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi Ell-en & ruthmetoo.

Yes it does sound dubious - I bet he wants to meet the OP where there are no witnesses. I thought a warrent could only be executed(delt with) at the address listed by the court order. I bet as I said before he's some thug hoping the OP does not know their rights.

Report his actions to everyone you can think of - if he is a certified (mental?) balliff then he could have his licence and bond forefitted.

we owed community tax in last home of 1800 he came to new home and we let him take car which knocked 1300 off bill. he said w would make arrangement to pay off rmainder of 450. tried to make arrangement over phone he said he has to come to house to do that as cant over phone. he has tiurned up several times without notice so wer not there. he turned up monday saying we had 30 mins to raise money or my husband would be arrested, couldnt raise it he then said we would both be arrested and committed to prison we have 3 kids one of which is disabled. when we said we had no money unsuccessful in borrowing any he said he couldnt get us in his van to take us to police staion! said then we had till friday 12 noon to get cash together which we did with huge struggle he never turned up didnt answer phonecalls or texts. said late evening in txt that he would come today, then another text saying tomorrow could we meet him in swansea! we are moving house tomorrow and he said we could meet him on way to new house, offered to pay by standing order bank transfer etc he said we wont do that and we have to meet him in swansea which is not even on our route. we have only the money for him and hardly no money left to get to new house surely what he is doing is wrong we arehappy to make arrangement to pay but he wants it his way only really worried sick as to what to do

You say that the bailiff took your car and this reduced the debt down to £1,300. Did you ever receive a breakdown for this sale?

What charges were applied by the bailiff for the removal and what additional charges have been put onto your account?

What car was this and how old?

Was the car yours?

PS: The thread to prison is just that ....a threat!!!

l begin to feel like Gustavius in wonderland! This is just not real anymore! Unless we can do something to stop these bailiffs, who by now are a complete law until themselves, we are going to see worse. The police is not interested, the courts are unvilling to act and the government are tacitly supporting them, why, they can behave as they do. Where are we living? Burma? Something got to be done and in my opinion, it's very urgent or this will get out of hand completely. Next stop, armed bailiffs dressed in black ''subduing'' debtors with force and carrying them off to re-education camps?

GR

l begin to feel like Gustavius in wonderland! This is just not real anymore! Unless we can do something to stop these bailiffs, who by now are a complete law until themselves, we are going to see worse. The police is not interested, the courts are unvilling to act and the government are tacitly supporting them, why, they can behave as they do. Where are we living? Burma? Something got to be done and in my opinion, it's very urgent or this will get out of hand completely. Next stop, armed bailiffs dressed in black ''subduing'' debtors with force and carrying them off to re-education camps?

GR

GR peaple like TomTubby, CAB have been trying for this for a long time not just to help peaple now but for change in the long turm. that is why I have been saying i you have hit a brick wall then complain to the very peaple that change the law the more peaple do complain to the likes of the MOJ the more if there face it is.

Did you know that there are no ballifs in Northern ireland? Years ago the IRA threatend them with extinction -seems to have worked!

Bailiffs were seen as working for the brittish Gov and was killed for this so they stopped using bailiffs in NI it was not just a threat it did happen.

the car apparently was sold at auction for 1300 it was a 2001 rg galaxy it was ours outright no proof of auction sale or breakdown just told verbally over phone and we coud pay outstanding amount in instalments recently had tax reminder for this car apaarently dvla have it in our name dodgier still moving house today from wales back to england so will ring original court the community tax and walking possession was on hiuse previous to one we leave today he never entered houae we are leaving

It is down to you to inform DVLA the change of ownership so if i was you i would inform them ASAP as there is also a fine for this.

you can get the form off of this site if you no longer have the log book

Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency

Edited by lets fight bailiffs
more info

GR peaple like TomTubby, CAB have been trying for this for a long time not just to help peaple now but for change in the long turm. that is why I have been saying i you have hit a brick wall then complain to the very peaple that change the law the more peaple do complain to the likes of the MOJ the more if there face it is.

l know this my friend and do not misunderstand me, l think all of you are doing a just super duper job. lt was you and TomTubby who got me started off in the right direction, why, l shall always hold you in the highest regards. However, l am not of the opinion that individually trying to change the current system through our politicians will work. All of them are nothing but corrupt, pandering, selfgratifying, lying, lazy, money grubbing, dishonest vermin. l'm more for the Northern Ireland solution, but, perhaps a tad less violent.

GR

l know this my friend and do not misunderstand me, l think all of you are doing a just super duper job. lt was you and TomTubby who got me started off in the right direction, why, l shall always hold you in the highest regards. However, l am not of the opinion that individually trying to change the current system through our politicians will work. All of them are nothing but corrupt, pandering, selfgratifying, lying, lazy, money grubbing, dishonest vermin. l'm more for the Northern Ireland solution, but, perhaps a tad less violent.

GR

you speak words of wisdom my freind, and i agree and always have, we do need to do something in large numbers, i have thing's in mind GR and when i get a bit more time i will set in, and i already have a voice in the house of commons waiting to take the whole thing in.

LFB

Hi,

The reason that the system does not change is because the very people who are supposed to protect us from these companies are probably connected to them in some way. Is there a list of what MP is on the board of which company. Talk about vested interests!

the car apparently was sold at auction for 1300 it was a 2001 rg galaxy it was ours outright no proof of auction sale or breakdown just told verbally over phone and we coud pay outstanding amount in instalments recently had tax reminder for this car apaarently dvla have it in our name dodgier still moving house today from wales back to england so will ring original court the community tax and walking possession was on hiuse previous to one we leave today he never entered houae we are leaving

I am sorry to be critical but it is no wonder that we have bailiff's and companies acting as they do because many debtors make it SO EASY FOR THEM.

A car has APPARENTLY been sold for £1,300 and you have not demanded any proof or requested a breakdown!!

As a matter of URGENCY you need to be sending a Subject Access Request to the company to request the screen print of this entire account to show all transactions and you also need to request copies of the auction receipts.

Crucially, you need to ENSURE RIGHT NOW that the bailiff who seized the vehicle was certificated as otherwise you will be entitled to make a claim against the company. See the sticky section to see if the bailiff was certificated.