barclays refusing to except offer of monthly payment

focus243
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have defaulted on a loan with barclays and have written to them and explained my circumstances and includes expenditure and expenses spreadsheet. They have refused my offer which is the most I can afford and will not freeze interest.

I have wrote to them twice and they just send a template letter and tick a box saying they will not except my offer and interest will continue to be charged and that I should contact CAB to discuss my financial situation which I have already and they have given advice to offer a payment of a pro rata offer to all creditors. I have told them in my letter that my offer is as advised by CAB but seems to be falling on deaf ears.

Help, I dont know what else to do. I havn't phoned them at all and they do not have my phone number so everything has been through letter which is how I would like to keep it.

stop asking them!!

write to them TELLING them because of financial hardship you will only be able to pay £XX for XX mts. and could they please refrain from charging interst & charges to help you in your time of need.

pay it by internet banking and do it ever month without fail.

they are just chancing their arm with you.

if and a very big IF it ever got to court, the judge would laugh it out the door & prob dictate a lower repayment, BC know this thats why they are playing hardball.

whatever they write or do keep paying regardless .

now, get reclaiming those charges you obviously have & dont forget to int at their rate compounded & 8% sta on top.

also, what about PPI? got that, you could reclaim that too under mis-selling rules i bet.

they have NO RIGHT to know your financial details so ignore doing any further I/O sheets.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks DX

I didn't take out ppi, I have thought about just paying what I have shown I can afford, but they did send an agent to my door when I was out who left a card saying he would be back SOON if I didn't ring the number. I was a bit scared of him coming back so rang him and told him I am dealing with Barclays by letter and waiting for acceptance of my offer, so hopfully he wont come round again.

They know I only live in rented property, but worried they might take the car which I brought with the loan.

not sure if they are allowed to carry on charging interest on the outstanding balance, but will reclaim if they are in the wrong.

Thanks Focus

doorstep vists

from who, thats not allowed.

is this linked to this thread?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/148417-barclaycard-credit-solutions.html

if so they need merging and you need to stop creating new threads when you have alrady started one for this debt.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

so it is the same thread

they need merging then

now, door step visits and the debt is in dispute tut tut barclays

stay off that phone for one.

now you have already an made offer, write as advised and stick to it.

get and reclaim those charges !!

dx

and they

ok undi stood

so no charges or fees or ppi then?

thats a shame:D

ok well stick by your offer then.

dx

and they