style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear All

Been reading these posts for a while, I work for a high street bank and have found myself on the wrong end of pay day loans! But now doing ok, still £40k in debt but manageable (staff rate loans!). What I would say is that for those needing a parachute account often the best way of doing this is to use internet banking, for example on Lloyds TSB you can always open a savings account online, no questions asked etc. As for cancelling cards to stop payments this should really work and Im surprised these payments get through.

For those who have unwelcome DD's being debited you should be covered by the DD guarantee so that is a source of recourse. Don't want to sound like im teaching anyone to suck eggs......

Hi. Welcome.

Very nice to have knowledgeable bank workers in our community. I am sure that many people here can benefit from your experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you. We could use knowledge like yours. I found that Wonga used my card numberous times and Barclays charged me £8 for each try. No money in account so could'nt take it but Barclays had champagne at their X-mas party because of me.

August 2010 - Debt Relief Order Ends! :)

Complaint with FOS re: Bank Charges - Financial Hardship

Email me for advice on DRO/DMP

If I have been of any help, Please tickle my scales